The Student Room Group

what's a better place to go to, woodhouse or Ashmole? Please help me out!!

i want to take bio, chem and psych, i got a 8-7 in combined science, 7 in maths, 9 in eng lang and 8 in lit, Im on the woodhouse waiting list and also applied to ashmole on results day.

I loved the atmopshere and diversity of woodhouse and it is in every way my ideal college but the journey is way too long adn complicated for me, i know that i could do it but it wouldn't be ideal as i cant be dropped off so i'll have to change bus 3 times w a 1hr20min journey, ashmole is also far from me (50 mins) but i only have to take 1 bus to get there. I havent visited ashmole's open day so i'm unsure what the atmosphere and social life is like, so i'm asking here

Please help if you can :smile: i'd appreciate any feedback/opinions
Woodhouse is better and I'm set to go there. If I were you, I would hold out hope for woodhouse but do be prepared for ashmole. Your grades were really good and you definitely have a good chance but it's also quite oversubscribed. Their intro week starts next Friday, so if you don't hear anything by then I would move on and prepare for your other option. Ashmole's social life is good and the fact that it's closer may hep you make your decision. Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by N.Lanyoh
Woodhouse is better and I'm set to go there. If I were you, I would hold out hope for woodhouse but do be prepared for ashmole. Your grades were really good and you definitely have a good chance but it's also quite oversubscribed. Their intro week starts next Friday, so if you don't hear anything by then I would move on and prepare for your other option. Ashmole's social life is good and the fact that it's closer may hep you make your decision. Good Luck!

thank you! unfortunately i just got rejected from ashmole so i guess that took the choice away lol. fingers crossed i get into woodhouse, maybe i’ll see you there lmao
Original post by xtras
thank you! unfortunately i just got rejected from ashmole so i guess that took the choice away lol. fingers crossed i get into woodhouse, maybe i’ll see you there lmao

heyy did you get in from the waiting list? how did it work?
Reply 4
hi this is so nostalgic to me because i just had my last day there 😭 they emailed me i got in off the waiting list and i was there on the first day, a lot of my friends got in even later by calling them up so id defo try that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending