Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone!

I have know this girl for over a year now, and we have become best friends. We are both musicians, and we're 2 of the best pianist of my college, we played in concerts together as a duo alots over the last year. We watch each other's solo concerts as much as we can, and the 2 of us went out for concerts just recently. We also have our piano recital planned for next week.

But we're both quite shy, and not so confident at express our feelings. I really don't know whether she is waiting for me to act first... Although the 2 of us went out quite a few times, our "shyness" have not made us into official bf/gf... I have really fell in love with her. but im so scare doing the wrong thing might ruin our friendship!

Please give me some advice! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried "making a move", so to speak? Maybe try going in for the kiss if it feels right, or just tell her you would like to be more than friends. From personal experience, if you both wait for each other to make the first move, it's never gonna happen Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Break into her house, leave a trail of rose petals leading to her grand piano, upon which you are sprawled out, naked. If she doesn't get the message then just ask her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skinzta)
    Break into her house, leave a trail of rose petals leading to her grand piano, upon which you are sprawled out, naked. If she doesn't get the message then just ask her.
    That's excellent!! Probably not the best move in this instance though, as they're both shy.

A couple of my friends felt this way but neither of them made a move, they're off to opposite ends of the country now. Allow me to offer you a gem of wisdom from Mr Keating himself...

"Because, you see gentlemen, these boys are now fertilizing daffodils. But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary. "

ReputationRep:
    beat her up

ReputationRep:
    shes waiting for you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.