The Student Room Group

Anyone need an GCSE advice?…

Hiyaa, I’ve just got my GCSE results and I got eight grade 9s and one grade 8. So if anyone needs any advice please ask away!
Original post by larry128
Hiyaa, I’ve just got my GCSE results and I got eight grade 9s and one grade 8. So if anyone needs any advice please ask away!

I really need advice for English Language and Literature (AQA), as well as Geography (edexcel b) and Drama (AQA) if you did those. Even if you did a couple or did a diff exam board, please give me tips, especially for the Englishes because they're so hard for me to get my head around but English is important and I don't want a lower grade on them compared to my other subjects.
Original post by BibliophileLibra
I really need advice for English Language and Literature (AQA), as well as Geography (edexcel b) and Drama (AQA) if you did those. Even if you did a couple or did a diff exam board, please give me tips, especially for the Englishes because they're so hard for me to get my head around but English is important and I don't want a lower grade on them compared to my other subjects.

Hiii,
so for English I did CIE however I still never did understand English because it just never clicked for me. I got a 9 in literature and an 8 in language. For English Lit I would say really make sure you listen to ur teacher in the lessons and write down everything they say when annotating something. Also you should do a practice essay and hand it in to ur teacher to mark. For English language, I would say you should also give practice papers in and really try and get used to the style of the mark scheme because in the real thing I could just envision the mark scheme. Also for descriptive writing, you could memorise some really good phrases which rlly helped me.

for geography I did AQA but for me in year 11 I made summaries from of all the landforms for paper 1 and I made flash cards for the case studies. You don’t need to remember thousands of case studies but try and use ones which are flexible E.g 100 people died in X flood, could be used as a social impact and a primary impact etc. also do practice questions and just give them into ur teacher. Personally for me I’m not sure why waffling always seemed to get me high marks but it did!

Quick Reply

Latest