Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I have food poisoning: was quite violently sick twice last night, and although was okay at breakfast - had plain toast - I am now feeing queasy again, not quite to the point of being as sick again but it's still not a nice feeling... I can't put my finger as to what food might have caused it - went out for a meal last night where a few of us had steak, but no one else has been sick from it.

Anyway, what should I do about food and drink intake? Is it wise to eat anything? I know I should stick t owater, but I'm afraid that I'll just be sick from that

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I've had exactly the same thing in the last 24 hours. All i've had is a slice of dry toast, water and flat coke (really good for helping ease a bit of the queezyness... add a tiny bit of sugar to normal coke to get the gas out). Black tea is also really good, but I HATE black tea.

Edit: I went for lunch at my grandparents yesterday and had some leftover pork (only ate it to make my gran happy - I don't usually eat pork), which is probably what caused it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I can't help very well, but it may be wise to call NHS Direct (08454647).

Hope ye get better

ReputationRep:
    I think the major problems come with under cooked fish and pork. Just avoid eating for a day, should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Just stayed in bed on facebook all day lol. Had very little to eat (toast, chocolate), and felt much better the next day.

ReputationRep:
    try and fast for the rest of the day.... try not to eat anything (as ull only chuck it back up again)...... drink PLENTY of water (got to keep hydrated)...... get plenty of rest.

prehaps send someone out for lucazade and soup...... the lucazade will help keep your strength up and then when you do start feeling a little better soup is a nice introduction back to food!!!

hope you feel better soon

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.