The Student Room Group
An attractive maths teacher who's single......
Reply 2
NDGAARONDI

Sorry, cuz I thought so long about which types of teacher, but forgot about it :biggrin:
Reply 3
NDGAARONDI

My maths teacher sounds like the one for you, then.

Shall I ask him to keep his beard on for the date, or shave it off?

Aitch
Reply 4
Aitch
My maths teacher sounds like the one for you, then.

Shall I ask him to keep his beard on for the date, or shave it off?

Aitch

lol.. my teacher has beard but a little hair :biggrin:.
Reply 5
My maths teacher is most of the options in the poll in this thread but I have to say his jokes are the best. :biggrin:
Reply 6
A good method of teaching is a must. Reading the textbook at you is not teaching. My S1 and D1 teacher did that last year. S1 just didn't go in at all and hence I know FA about probability. We've spoken to her about it and she's teaching D2 much better.
Also I hate it when teachers sit down and make you do questions out of the book all lesson. Working on stuff you're clearly stuck on is OK but doing trivial things during precious lesson time is a waste.
Enthusiasm is good. None of my teachers have any real enthusiasm. I have been called sad by them for liking the subject so much.

In my school I like my pure maths and M3 teacher. We have our lessons in her office which is nice. She's taught about half of P2 and P3, all P4, and most of P5 so far. She doesn't touch the book to start with. She explains a concept very well, going through many details that aren't in the book. I'm so glad she'll be teaching us P6 matricies as that looks like it needs a lot more explaining than the book gives. She's ace at mechanics and she has the most sickening ability at integration. She has told us so many things to look out for. The only thing is that she years ago she just wouldn't let me advance in the subject. I tried to do my GCSEs and A Levels earlier as I was finding maths really easy but she said no as the school wouldn't get credit for my grades.

I also like our M2 teacher. I read through M2 last summer during the AS exams but he's been reading M2 as he's been teaching it so I know more M2 than he does. Hence I am able to warn him which are the good (hard) questions. Sometimes he'll work on a question and then finish and we have a thing going where we always compare how much paper it took us to do the question :smile: . And then he has the most amazing cockney accent ever. Complete with rhyming slang and everything. "You're havin' a giraffe". :smile: He's such a legend.
Reply 7
I'd personally prefer to have a generally good teacher who gives us plenty of challenging questions to do, makes me think more, if I think about it more, I understand it better. A lot can be learned from doing harder questions sometimes.
Reply 8
its a hard choice. somewhere in between a good method of teaching and enthusiastic.
mr finney and mr fell for all u chingford 6th form students
Reply 9
Vishpatel
its a hard choice. somewhere in between a good method of teaching and enthusiastic.
mr finney and mr fell for all u chingford 6th form students

Yeah, it's hard to choose one. I like funny, enthusiastic and have good method too.
Someone who actually teaches you the whole course (mentioning no names, Miss D)
Reply 11
I reckon I have the best maths teacher ever. She teaches everything, and knows everything for pure, mechanics, stats and decision...She does all the working out spontaneously quickly, so you know she's not just copying out of the book and you can be confident with her skills; she is always talking about how good maths is and she is always giving background and history to the maths and its figures. She's also really kind and blatently cares about how well you're doing, and will go that extra bit to help you...She also schedules loads of extra lessons out of her own time to teach people extra modules etc.. Beat that! :biggrin:
Reply 12
i'm hoping to become a maths teacher and i reckon having resources readily available is a top scorer in getting pupils to like/do maths.

when iv finished my degree mrmaths.com should be the biggest bestest website out....:deal: and my students will shud b lucky bein taught by the producer of it :p:

Latest