Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is not to say the IB is easy :nah: (far from), but when doing past papers from 2003/4 they seem much harder than the papers from 2007/8.

Like in spanish ab initio, they use words that sound like the english word in more recent papers, whilst using harder sentence structures and more spanish sounding words in old past papers(if that makes any sense):o:

Anyway, i'm curious to see what present and past IBers think about this. Has the IB been getting easier, or is it the same as it has always been?

ReputationRep:
    Nope it seems to be the same as it has always been...

I've had the dubious honour of taking both IB and A levels and I must say, honestly, that the A's are much harder...

ReputationRep:
    It should get even easier :p:

(Original post by Oracle_163)
    I've had the dubious honour of taking both IB and A levels and I must say, honestly, that the A's are much harder...
    Singaporean A Levels are much harder than British A Levels (often the point of comparison on TSR)...

ReputationRep:
    I think HL Maths papers definitely seem easier than ones from 2001 etc. Not to say that HL Maths is easy, far from it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agneisse)
    It should get even easier :p:

Singaporean A Levels are much harder than British A Levels (often the point of comparison on TSR)...
    Oops, so sorry! =)
    Now I see why people are arguing so much over A Levels vs IB...

ReputationRep:
    Oops, so sorry! =)
    Now I see why people are arguing so much over A Levels vs IB...
    No need to be sorry (: But in Singapore a much more academically able range of people take A Levels (since as you know the rest are brushed off to polys, ITEs, dropout or w/e) than in the UK, there's the bell-curve grading, there's no modular system/retakes, and I daresay the family/school/societal pressure is far greater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agneisse)
    No need to be sorry (: But in Singapore a much more academically able range of people take A Levels (since as you know the rest are brushed off to polys, ITEs, dropout or w/e) than in the UK, there's the bell-curve grading, there's no modular system/retakes, and I daresay the family/school/societal pressure is far greater.
    Hey, how do you know so much about the Singaporean system? =)
    Yeah, there's no modular system but I wish we had that because it would probably be far easier!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how do you know so much about the Singaporean system? =)
    Yeah, there's no modular system but I wish we had that because it would probably be far easier!
    I used to live in Singapore thus knowing far more about the importance of Doing the School Proud by getting 4As/9 Distinctions than anyone ever needs to, and then I had to move due to parents' jobs. What a waste of the teachers' efforts drilling all that stuff into my head :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.