Turn on thread page Beta

Using a toothbrush for ur eyelashes... watch

ReputationRep:
    On the tube this morning i saw a woman put on some bourjois eyeshadow on her eyelashes with a toothbrush

am i missing something here... is a toothbrush beneficial for eyelashes, and is there a certain effect eyeshadow gives eyelashes rather than macara? or was she just being weird?

ReputationRep:
    My eye lashes just cringed, which I didn't think they were capable of doing. Maybe she did that thing where you go mad-swap-swap and brushed her teeth with the eyeliner applicator.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Err. I didn't think you were meant to use a toothbrush... Wouldn't it be a bit harsh for your eyelids? (seeing as you said shadow - I'm assuming you mean lids)

Unless you mean mascara then.. Whattt? There is nothing wrong with the Bourjois wands!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    Err. I didn't think you were meant to use a toothbrush... Wouldn't it be a bit harsh for your eyelids? (seeing as you said shadow - I'm assuming you mean lids)

Unless you mean mascara then.. Whattt? There is nothing wrong with the Bourjois wands!! :eek:
    no i meant shadow... she was using the toothbrush with the eyeshadow, and putting it on her lashes

lol... i did think it was quite strange, but wondered if there was a beauty secret i was missing out on :p:

ReputationRep:
    How odd. :s

ReputationRep:
    Maybe to make it powdery instead of cloggy? .... But still.

ReputationRep:
    yeah lol:rofl:
    and the thing is, it looked like it was something she did normally as she had a make up bag with her :p:

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it was a toothbrush and not an eyelash brush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    Are you sure it was a toothbrush and not an eyelash brush.

very sure, i was standing opposite to her

it looked a like this:

ReputationRep:
    LOL strange woman.

next time you see the lady ask her where she got her toothbush from. lol

ReputationRep:
    what the hell! lol.

i've seen people use toothbrushes to tame their eyebrows, but no, this woman sounds weird.

x

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone do that, or heard of it. How strange!

Perhaps she didn't have anything else with her and it was the most applicator like thing she could find? That said, if it were me i'd have just used my fingers!

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe it works, eye shadow on your lashes could give them a nice shimmer. Try it, I will

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.