The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Help:30 days and Napier hasn't contacted me-should I call??

My application was sent off on October 15th. The only uni that didn't send me an acknowledgement is Napier. I wasn't panicking till I stumbled across this on their site:

2. UCAS will pass your details on to us for consideration we will write to you acknowledging receipt of your application.

3. We will get in touch again, normally within 10 days, to let you know whether you have been accepted. Please call us on 08452 60 60 40 if you have not heard from us within 21 days.

What made me worry is that they imply the process is fast, and I've still got no word:frown: So, do they mean they will get in touch 10 days after you send off the application, or 10 days after they send the acknowledgement??

They seem to imply it comes down to the same, i.e. that the send the acknowledgement very soon after receiving an application, which, obviously, isn't true:confused:

Should I have got an acknowledgement by now? Should I call them? Or is this normal and I should just wait?
Reply 1
TamLu
Please call us on 08452 60 60 40 if you have not heard from us within 21 days.

Here's your answer. Follow the instructions you are given
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
No don't. Keep waiting. The deadline isn't until January 15th so you might not hear anything until then.

edit: or just do what above poster says. I still think you should wait, however!
Reply 3
Thank for the advice, both of you:smile:

I did call in the end, the call was redirected but nobody answered...long story short, I decided to send an e-mail and in their reply they said that an applicant really is supposed to hear from the uni within 21 days from sending off the application, but that sometimes it takes a week or so for the application to get from UCAS to the uni... Basically, they told me to wait a week or so... It's been almost two weeks and still nothing:frown:

I think I'll just sit and wait now:s-smilie: hope I'm not doing the wrong thing:biggrin:
Reply 4
I hadn't heard from them at all, no acknowledgement etc and got a offer this past week. I wouldn't worry at all, not all unis do acknowledgements although they said they would.....

The offer was the fist I've heard from them.

Latest