Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 2nd year university. Last year in the 1st year, my flatmate and I were having playful fun from December on a once a week basis. This was fun and we loved being together. However, our joint best friend was in our flat too so we were never official and we only really used each other for pure amusement. I went and stayed with hers in Manchester and her parents and sister do love me. Since I left, I'm seen to be the 'one,' so much so that I am tipped to be her wedded husband!

Everything was rosy therefore. In the summer, I was away coaching sports in America. I was told by her that she missed me loads and some days, didnt think of me too much.

Now, we're in the 2nd year. I live in a house 2 roads away. We hardly ever speak. It seems to be on her terms or nothing such as "come stay at mine tonight" but it would never be her staying at my own house. She has a tendency of only wanting it on her grounds or nothing. 3 weeks ago, she texted me saying she wants to discuss 'stuff' and where we're at. I went to visit her and she admitted how much of a cow she has been to me and how she doesn't know why. She admits her course mates and parents all want me to be with her but she is clearly not ready or something, i'm not sure.

for 3 weeks, we have never spoken. I don't want to speak to her first as I'm always the one getting brought along and it def takes 2 to tango. Its about time that she acts positively on her own accord. I for some reason always think about this girl even though I have a few others 'on-the-go.' Daily, I check her facebook and I'm trying to act myself. I don't even know if I myself want to be in a relationship with her as I don't feel I can be myself fully.

What advice would any of you guys provide? I'm at the end of my teather and I dont want my worries to jeopardise my degree :-(

Thank you xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.