The Student Room Group

Some Questions~

Hiii. I'm a Malaysian and I'm thinking of studying Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) Psychology in Malaysia and is it possible to continue study Msc in forensic psychology or criminology in UK? And am I able to work in UK which is related to forensic psychology or criminology?
Original post by joviakhaw
Hiii. I'm a Malaysian and I'm thinking of studying Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) Psychology in Malaysia and is it possible to continue study Msc in forensic psychology or criminology in UK? And am I able to work in UK which is related to forensic psychology or criminology?

Hi!

You will be able to do a master's degree at a UK university, although as a citizen of Malaysia, you will need a UK student visa to do that. Here's some more information on how to get one...

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa

As for working in the UK within forensic psychology or criminology, you'll need to return to Malaysia and apply for your skilled worker visa from there. The reason for that is you can't apply for a skilled worker visa from within the UK if you're already on a student visa.
(edited 1 year ago)
In order to practise as a forensic psychologist in the uk your undergrad degree will need to be accredited by the British Psychological Society. It's also difficult to get accepted for the two years of supervised practice you need to actually finish the qualification stages
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply