Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I've seen other threads about it, but none seems to answer this: can you apply to ANY uni through Ucasextra (not to be confused with clearing) or is there a sort of list of unis to choose from just like for clearing?

ReputationRep:
    You can apply to any uni, except for Oxbridge.

There will be a list of courses that will be available through UCAS extra. If that course is available through extra, there will be a word "extra" next to the course.

ReputationRep:
    8 more weeks until UCAS extra scheme starts...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you evry much guys for the replies/info/advice!
    But Pencil Queen, how come it isnt possible to know what unis had places in Ucasextras last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    UCAS don't produce any hard copy publications and they ban people from archiving the stuff contained in their website (same applies for clearing details....only available in the printed newspaper suppliments format...the website is removed and even www.archive.org are restricted from listing the details :eek: )

I *assume* it's because they don't want people to stumble across last years listings for either clearing or extra and get them confused with this years (and accidentally apply to courses which don't exist/aren't listed anymore)
    PQ,

Have you got any idea whether it is compulsory for an applicant to apply with the already existing personal statement via Extra or would it be possible for the applicant to alter the PS?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can.

ReputationRep:
    I think calling them directly is better than writing another personal statement though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I think calling them directly is better than writing another personal statement though.

Though if it is for completely different courses i do not have an alternative?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.