Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's asking for me to list the main subjects of my degree. I'm doing a joint honours of English and English Language so am I expecting to list all the modules I have done so far? Or just 'English language' and 'English literature' :confused:

Also I'm confused about the title section - do I put BA there? (I'm an undergraduate atm)

It's awfully confusing

ReputationRep:
    I just put 'Music' for my degree and 'saxophone' for the main subject, even though I hardly did any performing! To be honest whichever you do it's not REALLY going to matter but perhaps make sure you put down that you have done Language as well as Literature.

Title - can't remember what I did.

Is there not a box next to each section helping explain things? I didn't completely understand the whole thing but I had no help doing it and I'm here now so obviously even if I'd done things wrong it didn't harm me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    I just put 'Music' for my degree and 'saxophone' for the main subject, even though I hardly did any performing! To be honest whichever you do it's not REALLY going to matter but perhaps make sure you put down that you have done Language as well as Literature.

Title - can't remember what I did.

Is there not a box next to each section helping explain things? I didn't completely understand the whole thing but I had no help doing it and I'm here now so obviously even if I'd done things wrong it didn't harm me!
    It does but it doesn't really apply to me - just mentions open university degrees, music degrees like yours. I suppose I'll leave it blank
    I'll be submitting it hopefully tomorow!!!

This is what it says:
    Main subject(s) of degree
    The ITT providers want to make sure your degree studies are appropriate for your chosen courses. List the main subject or subjects studied for your degree. There is space for 10 main subjects. If you wish to add more, you can include them in your Personal Statement or notify the ITT provider direct.

* If your degree is from the Open University, please give the credit value for each course.
    * If your degree is in music, please state your main instrument.
    * If your degree is from a Scottish university or college, please list the courses or modules studied in each year of your degree, using the formal title of each course or module and giving SCOTCAT or institutional credits and results for each one.
    * For PGCE secondary courses in Scotland, use an asterisk (*) to mark those courses or modules which you think qualify you to teach your chosen teaching subject or subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Well that sounds to me like putting English Language and then English Literature would be absolutely fine .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    Well that sounds to me like putting English Language and then English Literature would be absolutely fine .

Okay thanks- so no specific modules then?

ReputationRep:
    How many do you have? If you only have a few and it wouldn't take long to type up I guess you could. As long as you think that what you have put down reflects your degree enough then it's ok.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.