The Student Room Group

Career

Should I pick business level 2 As I don’t really know what I want to do in the future so business is quite varied or do I go with something to do with construction as I like the idea of being a surveyor or some sort but I’ve never really been into construction until now so do I go ahead with it and do a building course at level 2 or stick with doing business level 2 and then going into level 3 and maybe then picking the construction up later and maybe doing a degree in it but I would rather start in it now at college but I’m still confused if I really like it or not
Any replies much appreciated thanks 😊
Can't you have taster session or something. I suspect you would be able to change in the first week. Speak to the college about changing courses, don't commit to one if you are unsure. But BTEC Business Studies would be good option. Are T Levels not an option for you? I heard they are similar to BTEC?

What you need to check is have a quick look at the entry requirements for University courses "you think" you'll apply for and see what BTEC entry requirements/courses are specified.

Do you plan to go University? I wouldn't bother doing a business degree at University.
Do you plan to do a degree apprenticeship? I'd highly recommend you opt for a Business or Surveyor related apprenticeship degree.
Do you plan to do an apprenticeship at a top firm? Check the requirements
Do you plan to do an apprenticeship at a small company? The difference between the top forms vs small is the grade/entry requirements will be lower.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply Yh if i did business at college I wouldn’t take it at uni I would probably use it as a way to get into uni and then do a building surveyor degree or degree apprenticeship. Thing is tho I feel like I would be better of doing something to do with building now at college to prepare me better for later on when I try do a surveyor degree or apprenticeship as I won’t really take business past college anyway and these courses would be at level 2 as I failed maths so I would be taking maths Along side which ever course I pick too
thanks
Original post by Unrare786
Thanks for the reply Yh if i did business at college I wouldn’t take it at uni I would probably use it as a way to get into uni and then do a building surveyor degree or degree apprenticeship. Thing is tho I feel like I would be better of doing something to do with building now at college to prepare me better for later on when I try do a surveyor degree or apprenticeship as I won’t really take business past college anyway and these courses would be at level 2 as I failed maths so I would be taking maths Along side which ever course I pick too
thanks

Check the course content at University for Surveyors courses vs the college content that will give you an answer whether it matters if you do Business or Surveyor type course st college..

Don't worry too much about it being a level 2 and re taking maths..everyone passes things at their own pace. I know few people in good jobs and they spent 4 years at college instead of 2.. so better to retake then rush into University & end up doing a wrong degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending