With make up
    33.08%
    Without make up
    35.34%
    Dont care
    31.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    I think a lot of the guys who say they don't like make-up don't always know when a girl is wearing make-up. A bit of foundation or concealer can make someone look way better, but if it's subtle it doesn't have to look like there's anything there.

My male housemate once made a joke about how I never wear make-up. I do, a bit. But he was comparing me to other girls like my other housemate who plasters it over her face so it's far more obvious.

The 'natural look' isn't always that natural. lol
    I completely agree!

ReputationRep:
    without

ReputationRep:
    I love lipstick and whatever the hell you call that stuff you put on your eyes on a girl, is sexy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Voted don't care. To be honest, some girls do look better with a little bit of makeup, but some go completely over the top and it looks ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I like my women like this:

ReputationRep:
    having makeup on is fine ... but most girls take it to the next level - to the point where they can't stand to be seen without makeup. I think that's sad.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have fresh clear skin and no make up, maybe a little concealer and lip gloss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I couldn't care less tbh - if a girl is comfortable au naturel, then that's great for HER. On the other hand, if a girl (like myself) feels the need to wear makeup and she's comfortable doing so - again, good for her.

I don't think it's something that you can have a 'blanket opinion' on - not every girl is the same, and some girls suit makeup and some don't - some need it more than others and some just like the comfort it brings. I can't see anything wrong with wearing makeup, unless it's applied in a non-flattering way; ie. wrong colour foundation, wrong coverage foundation, too heavy on the eyeliner, caked on mascara etc. There are good and bad points to makeup and mostly, it's down to application, I find.

In relation to whether or not men like it, well that's a whole other world. Most men wouldn't know if a girl was wearing 5 products or 25. It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it that matters - and most men honestly couldn't tell the difference imo.
    Absolutely agree, my boyfriend thought I didn't even wear make up!
    I wear make up, but only natural such as a little mascara and concealor if I have a blemish or imperfection. I do wear more make up if I'm going out to a party or something, but as long as the make up is applied correctly as you've said, then I don't see what's wrong with it either.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, a little bit though, not much. If you apply it well then you don't need much and you look more natural.

ReputationRep:
    love a bird in make up. makes em look less mingin

ReputationRep:
    NO, guys want a stunning girlfriend that looks stunning without makeup. They don't face the reality that most girls do need make up. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with lasses wearing make up if it makes them feel better about themselves. My cousin has really bad skin and a bit of foundation helps her self confidence. I, myself, don't have particularly bad skin or anything but make up can just make you feel a little bit better when you're having an ugly day!

I agree that it looks horrific when it's orange and plastered on three inches thick, like.

ReputationRep:
    Natural look is better. But a bit of light make up is good.

ReputationRep:
    I think a bit of make-up is ok but too much make-up (that is very noticable) is quite unappealing to me.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't get, is all the pretty girls I know wear make-up (and u may say that's because of the make up, but u cant fake good skin, nice eyes, just enhance them, and u can't at all with nose and mouth!) but the ones i know that don't wear make up are pretty ugly (and i call Very few people ugly) :confused: I just would have thought it would be the other way round i suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chevman)
    I think i like girls in make up.It makes them better looking,nomatter the level of their initial beauty.But i hate that one that gives them orange cheeks.I find it really,really appaling.
    Blusher? :p: Hehe, i hate it too, it's to give appearance of bone structure, but most people apply too much or in the wrong place

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care whether a girl wears make up. One of my ex's (I'm bisexual) wore no make up, and she looked stunning all the time. She was very naturally beautiful.
    But I wear make up myself, although it's reasonably 'natural' and I hate not wearing any, except for work (I work at kennels), it makes me feel self conscious. My boyfriend reckons I look nice without it, but he has to has that

ReputationRep:
    I think a modest use of make-up can sometimes lead to an improvement, but then there are those who see their face as a blank canvas....... not very pleasant

ReputationRep:
    When make-up is done properly it can make a girl look ten times better looking than she actually is. Hardly any girl is naturally 'stunning' without make-up. That's why people get so shocked when they see celebrities without make-up on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    What I don't get, is all the pretty girls I know wear make-up (and u may say that's because of the make up, but u cant fake good skin, nice eyes, just enhance them, and u can't at all with nose and mouth!) but the ones i know that don't wear make up are pretty ugly (and i call Very few people ugly) :confused: I just would have thought it would be the other way round i suppose!

I was actually thinking that the other day!

I think it's because the prettier you think you are the more you try with your looks to look even better. Whereas if you don't think you're pretty, you're less likely to try to be. Maybe. lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.