With make up
    33.08%
    Without make up
    35.34%
    Dont care
    31.58%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idi Amin)
    ...But it seems most of the guys here don't agree, they prefer the natural look apparently.

What do you prefer, make up or no make up?
    a ugandan called idi amin.... not cool.....he ****** your country up so badly when he kicked the asians out - they were the best thing that ever happened to that country

ReputationRep:
    Even though I think make-up makes some girls look a lot better, I don't particularly like the idea of it... it's almost as though they're are "forced" to put make-up on, just to appease shallow male eyes and if they don't wear make up, then no guy will want to date them. I think it just kind of promotes the idea that women are mainly in existence for the viewing pleasure of men. And make up is saying "Ok, so you're ugly - but don't worry, buy me and nobody will have to know!"

Make-up probably makes men look better too. Which is why male celebrities all have girls screaming about how hot they are - but men don't seem to be wearing make-up in general. I actually think it's slightly unfair on women - that they *have* to look good, otherwise they'll just get regarded as junk. If a woman went to a club without make-up she'd probably be sitting in a corner on her own, unfortunately...

Having said that, make-up can also make girls look awful. Nobody finds a clown attractive. (Well, not most people anyway! :p:)
    Subtle amounts of it usually look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Too much foundation looks like you've drenched yourself in orange Tango.
    Only if you've got the wrong shade for your skin. But yeah, too much of even the right shade is not attractive.

ReputationRep:
    I think every girl looks better with well applied makeup than without any. But the amount you need to look your prettiest differs from person to person. For example, a girl with bad acne will need a lot more foundation to look her best than girl with good skin would need, and a girl with light blond eyelashes would benefit from mascara more than someone with thick black eyelashes.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on the girl.

There are some girls who makeup was invented for though lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind a little bit of foundation, concealer and mascararer, but when they plaster it on it just looks eugh :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    Personally I dont like going out of the house without makeup...but having said that I make my face up to look as natural as possible. So like in the daytime I tend to wear a bit of foundation, mascara and a sheer lipgloss type lipstick.

I think it stems back to my early teens when I had REEEEEALLY bad skin (had treatment for it and now its totally fine apart from the odd zit ). So psychologically I feel ugly without any makeup

ReputationRep:
    If a girl without make-up looks really good, then that's perfect, much better than with make-up. I don't think I've seen a single girl like that in my entire life, though. For less-than-perfect girls, make-up tends to be MUCH more attractive than no make-up. Too much make-up is just horrible though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.