This discussion is closed.
danmint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
hi everyone i've just done this paper and was wondering how everyone thought they parred on it?
mobb_theprequel
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bit of an odd choice - competition policy. Nobody that I knew had done too much prep for it; but then again, I didn't do any prep whatsoever.

A CAP/Turkey/Euro referendum question would have been much easier.

I'm aiming to get a B on the paper, and I hope I've got it. The thing which confuzzled me was that the opening statement "Merger between US component manufacturer and EU car firm" seemed to have precious little to do with the first three sections. The last section (evaluation) was obviously connected to this, but it was difficult to maintain the link in the other sections...
danmint
Rep:
?
Hmm yep i think its one of those exams where you have no idea of how well you did until results are published, oh well grade boundaries are a lot lower than doing coursework, so fingers crossed!
jOnNy BoRrEll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Very frustrating exam because unlike other economics exams you knid of have a feeling on how you've done, this time you just don't know.
As long as you mention the following from knowledge and you analysed the data properly(Data wasn't the most helpful) you should get a high mark:

Efficiency
Quality of Goods Produced under competition
Economies of Scale
Monopoly Power and abuse
Advantages of Mergers

I would think that something about government aid distorting competition would be of use but i didn't use it, and not sure if i needed it :confused: .

Like the board says:
'Candidates that possess little knowledge of the course content sometimes score higher marks as they are forced to use the data.'

As long as you've use the data correctly you're guareented 60% :eek:

Oh another thing, you've done the paper now and there is nothing more you can do to change the mark, so CHILL OUT and take it easy
danmint
Rep:
?
hmm true true, im just one of those people who carry out intensive post mortems on my exams. Anywho i think i covered all those points so good luck everyone!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads

Latest