The Student Room Group

Should I take A-level Biology without A-level Chemistry?

I'm struggling to decide whether to do A-level Geography or A-level Biology. I have decided that I'm definitely going to take Maths, Economics and Computer Science and was wondering whether it's worth taking Biology without Chemistry. I'm unsure on what career path I want and I have to choose by Tuesday 30th August.
(edited 1 year ago)
How come you’ve decided to take a fourth A level?
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
How come you’ve decided to take a fourth A level?

In my school, we have to take a fourth A-level and then we can drop one after a month or two if we don't want.
Biology sounds more interesting than geography to me, but that’s just my personal preference. I always preferred biology over chemistry. I’d choose whatever your favourite subject is. Good luck with your A levels :smile:
Original post by Pixxelz
I'm struggling to decide whether to do A-level Geography or A-level Biology. I have decided that I'm definitely going to take Maths, Economics and Computer Science and was wondering whether it's worth taking Biology without Chemistry. I'm unsure on what career path I want and I have to choose by Tuesday 30th August.

Biology and Maths is a good combination if you want to go down the Biology route.Geography look at the modules as that might decide it for you.
Original post by Pixxelz
In my school, we have to take a fourth A-level and then we can drop one after a month or two if we don't want.

I would suggest in that case to choose the subject you think you would enjoy the most/perform the best in
How to Choose 6th Form Subjects - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/choosing-your-subjects
In particular, you need to think about what yu are going to do with these A levels - ie. Environmental Science at Uni woud be fine with Geog and Bio, other 'science' subjects would not be, or if you intend to do Econ at Uni, the only other required subjects is Maths, etc etc.

Quick Reply

Latest