Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a girl in my biology class called:

Manass

'Man' 'Ass' *titters*

One of my Mum's former friends had a daughter called Scarlet Amber Jade. - Which reminds me of traffic lights (No offence meant to anyone with that name)

My mum said "thats nice" though she didnt like it,

Then her friend was stunned at her choice for me, Matthew James. "Do you like Matthew?" she asked. My mum goes on the philosophy that if she didnt like the name, why pick it?

ReputationRep:
    I know a little girl called Topsy. It's literally her full name. I hope she never falls in love with a man called Mr. Turvy :P

ReputationRep:
    Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined, is a British teenager from Glastonbury, Somerset.

(wikipedia) lol this is just cruel!

ReputationRep:
    There's a plaque in Chichester bearing the name Mr E Kok.

Enigmatic.

ReputationRep:
    I read a few weeks ago to: (and this is true!)

Captain fantastic faster than superman spiderman batman wolverine hulk and the flash combined

ReputationRep:
    Hubert Blaine Wolfe*schlegel*stein*hausen* berger*dorff, Sr. (Wolfe+585, Senior) is the short name of a Philadelphian typesetter, who has the longest personal name ever used. "585" represents the number of additional letters in his full surname (total 590). His full 746-letter name is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe*schlegelstein*hausenberg er*dorffvoraltern*waren*gewis senhaft*schaferswessen*schafew aren*wohlgepflege*und*sorgfal tigkeit*beschutzen*von*angrei fen*durch*ihrraubgierigfeinde welche*voraltern*zwolftausend *jahres*vorandieerscheinen*wa nder*ersteer*dem*enschderraum schiff*gebrauchlicht*als*sein *ursprung*von*kraftgestart*s ein*lange*fahrt*hinzwischen* sternartigraum*auf*der*suchen ach*diestern*welche*gehabt*b ewohnbar*planeten*kreise*dreh en*sich*und*wohin*der*neura sse*von*verstandigmen*schlich keit*konnte*fortplanzen*und* sicher*freuen*anlebens*langli ch*freude*und*ruhe*mit*nich t*ein*furcht*vor*angreifen* von*anderer*intelligent*gesch opfs*von*hinzwischen*sternart igraum, Senior.

(wikipedia again, im obsessed now)

ReputationRep:
    I met a girl called Precious the other day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmcassley)
    Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined, is a British teenager from Glastonbury, Somerset.

(wikipedia) lol this is just cruel!
    :mad: beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    My mum used to work with children, and there was a mother who used to bring her children to the nursery thingy, her kids were called Shaggy and Tallula. :no: She also knew someone who named their twins Adam and Eve. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Named Sh*thead.

Pronounced Shaw-teed though.

ReputationRep:
    Ed Balls (sectretary of state for children, families and schools) came to our school the other day. There was a joke going round saying he had a sister called Afelia (I think that's how you spell it - pronounced Afeelia)

And my dad was suggesting names for our dog like Enid, Gladys, Helga... We settled on Heidi

ReputationRep:
    My brother is called Doron
    People seem to find it quite strange but after 18 years you get used to it

ReputationRep:
    fanny...

ReputationRep:
    does anyone agree with me that these 2 names are odd, weird & strange:

itrat (it rat) and sora.......

(Original post by kmcassley)
    Hubert Blaine Wolfe*schlegel*stein*hausen* berger*dorff, Sr. (Wolfe+585, Senior) is the short name of a Philadelphian typesetter, who has the longest personal name ever used. "585" represents the number of additional letters in his full surname (total 590). His full 746-letter name is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfe*schlegelstein*hausenberg er*dorffvoraltern*waren*gewis senhaft*schaferswessen*schafew aren*wohlgepflege*und*sorgfal tigkeit*beschutzen*von*angrei fen*durch*ihrraubgierigfeinde welche*voraltern*zwolftausend *jahres*vorandieerscheinen*wa nder*ersteer*dem*enschderraum schiff*gebrauchlicht*als*sein *ursprung*von*kraftgestart*s ein*lange*fahrt*hinzwischen* sternartigraum*auf*der*suchen ach*diestern*welche*gehabt*b ewohnbar*planeten*kreise*dreh en*sich*und*wohin*der*neura sse*von*verstandigmen*schlich keit*konnte*fortplanzen*und* sicher*freuen*anlebens*langli ch*freude*und*ruhe*mit*nich t*ein*furcht*vor*angreifen* von*anderer*intelligent*gesch opfs*von*hinzwischen*sternart igraum, Senior.

(wikipedia again, im obsessed now)

Would love to have taken the register for his class :rofl:

At the last Winter Olympics in Turin. Great Britain played Finland in the Semi-Final of the Curling and the Finnish skip had the surname Uusipaavalniemi or U-15 for short

ReputationRep:
    Theres a boy in my sons class called Heracles, a girl called cherish and I"ve met a woman called precious before now.

ReputationRep:
    This was on a youtube vid I saw a while ago.

Shadynasty.

Or rather, Sha'Dynasty (pronounced "Sha-DY-na-sty" )

This thread is cracking me up :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend called Carpet....lolz who names their kid Carpet?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.