Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ...am i just been too accommodating to my sis? - last week i did her a huge favour which thinking about it...i don't think many people would do for there sister.

we met up last week in the trafford centre in the afternoon after she had finished 6th form (she is 17 and in 6th form, I am 19 and at uni) - she had come from 6th form so was still wearing her uniform - while we were there she met up with some friends - they decided they wanted to go to the cinema and get something to eat... only she was in uniform and they were not...so my sis asks me if i would swap clothes with her so she could go out - we are the same size. - well since she has only just started at this 6th form and making friends has been difficult i though okay - you owe me big time but whatever - so we swapped clothes in the loo's - she went out and i went home (didnt fancy walking round the trafford centre in my sis's school uniform for some reason!) - thats a BIG favour in my book!

now a week later she's been moody and arsy again. i'm not wanting her to be always greateful - but just not been arsy would be nice!

..i recon that was a BIG favour...or am i just been too nice really..

ReputationRep:
    it was a favour. no 'fence but its not like you dragged her outa a burning building, is it?

you did her a favour, i'm sure she was grateful. and now she's just being normal

ReputationRep:
    That isn't a very big favour, no. Giving her a Kidney would be considered a big favour. It's not like she's going to radically change her views of you just 'cause you did that.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a typical sibling relationship, just remind her what you did that day if she's being a brat.

ReputationRep:
    that's a bit of a strange favour if you ask me....I wouldn't do it.

ReputationRep:
    i would never do that. Swap clothes with someone else. I'll tell the person to leg back home and change themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    i would never do that. Swap clothes with someone else. I'll tell the person to leg back home and change themselves.
    That's quite strange then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    no... it's just what i'd normally do and what others would normally do.

Seriously even if they're the same size i'd tell that person to get clothes from the house and then go with them. Her friends weren't in a rush were they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misogynist)
    ..it felt very strange at the time...lol - i never went to the same school so its not even a uniform i have ever worn and it is a traditional style uniform with shirt, tie, skirt, blazer - made me feel very self concious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophietrophy)
    ..it felt very strange at the time...lol - i never went to the same school so its not even a uniform i have ever worn and it is a traditional style uniform with shirt, tie, skirt, blazer - made me feel very self concious!
    hope it must've made you look gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayyleyy)
    hmm, it was really nice of you and shes owes you, but unfortunately this is just the way sisters work. it was kinda bad of her to just leave you when she saw her friends (if this is what happened).

next time shes arsey with you tell her you arent helpin her out again just to shut her up lol
    ...i choose to go after we swapped clothes! didn't want to go shopping wearing her uniform - made me feel quite self concious!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure - but if you look at it in third person, it isn't really that huge a favour, although I'm sure she'd have been quite grateful.

ReputationRep:
    Odd favour, but not a huge one in my book. It's now a week later - if she had been rude or difficult a few hours later, that would have been unreasonable, but I don't expect people to tip-toe around me a week after I did something nice for them.

ReputationRep:
    I would have done that for my sister. I'm sure many would! :confused:
    And if she was still being gushingly sweet a week later I'd have told her to get over it and be herself. :yep:

Also, you said 'doing' in your thread title. I was expecting some long list of favours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    And if she was still being gushingly sweet a week later I'd have told her to get over it and be herself. :yep:

Also, you said 'doing' in your thread title. I was expecting some long list of favours.
    Yeah cause you're a girl. If a brother asked you to do it would you?

EDIT : Oh i forgot.... the OP is a girl. my bad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)

..i guess there is alot more really since she moved in with me (we share a flat since she left home due to not been able to stand our mother any longer ). - i feel a bit like a mother sometimes at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Thats not really a MASSIVE favour. If you're both the same size, whats the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    Thats not really a MASSIVE favour. If you're both the same size, whats the problem?
    ...just felt like a big thing really at the time - her uniform is a traditional uniform - shirt, tie, skirt, blazer - once we had swapped i felt really self concious walking round the Trafford centre dressed like that (i am nearly 20)

ReputationRep:
    Why could she not have worn her school uniform?
    It's not as if her friends haven't seen her in it before.

And no, it wasn't a massive favour. For some reason, the first time I read it I assumed you were boy - then it would have been quite something..but now..not so much.

ReputationRep:
    ..i guess there is alot more really since she moved in with me (we share a flat since she left home due to not been able to stand our mother any longer ). - i feel a bit like a mother sometimes at the moment.
    Oh! Well, that alone should make her show a little respect to you! Perhaps suggest she could go back home to your mum if she's finding it difficult to be in a decent mood with you.
    Aww, it's nice that you let her live with you. That's more of a big favour that swapping clothes!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.