The Student Room Group

alevel transition work

hi there!! i am currently in the transition period from year 11 to year 12, and I want to get a headstart on my alevels. My sixth form has posted work, but it was fairly simple and I have completed it already. My A-Levels are English Language (AQA), Religious Studies (OCR), and Sociology (OCR).
Does anybody who takes any of these subjects have any advice on what things I can do to help myself with these? Thank you!!! <3
Reply 1
Original post by rubyrubyrubyyyyy
hi there!! i am currently in the transition period from year 11 to year 12, and I want to get a headstart on my alevels. My sixth form has posted work, but it was fairly simple and I have completed it already. My A-Levels are English Language (AQA), Religious Studies (OCR), and Sociology (OCR).
Does anybody who takes any of these subjects have any advice on what things I can do to help myself with these? Thank you!!! <3

I finished sixth form this year and took A-level geography (OCR), art(AQA)and product design(AQA). One thing i wish i knew at the start was how much context there actually is, i definitely realised this really late. Its really important that you stay on top of any course work, aswell as properly documenting, powerpoints, class notes etc, this is so it saves times when revising.

One of my friends took English Language A-levels, and said that she didnt actually read the full books given, so i would say make sure you give yourself time to read the books, otherwise you'll find that later on you a-levels can get demanding. I had another friend take sociology, and again she said that there is a lot of context.
Im sure everyone's says how a-levels are only 3 subjects, and that they are in soo much detail, but you really have to figure out how your going to learn you subject and revise it throughout year 12 and 13. Otherwise you final exams in year 13 are going to be really hard to revise for. Definetly dont underestimate how much there is to revise.
Original post by Anonoo
I finished sixth form this year and took A-level geography (OCR), art(AQA)and product design(AQA). One thing i wish i knew at the start was how much context there actually is, i definitely realised this really late. Its really important that you stay on top of any course work, aswell as properly documenting, powerpoints, class notes etc, this is so it saves times when revising.

One of my friends took English Language A-levels, and said that she didnt actually read the full books given, so i would say make sure you give yourself time to read the books, otherwise you'll find that later on you a-levels can get demanding. I had another friend take sociology, and again she said that there is a lot of context.
Im sure everyone's says how a-levels are only 3 subjects, and that they are in soo much detail, but you really have to figure out how your going to learn you subject and revise it throughout year 12 and 13. Otherwise you final exams in year 13 are going to be really hard to revise for. Definetly dont underestimate how much there is to revise.

Thank you so much, I hope you did well in your a-levels. I will make sure to keep on top of work etc, and I will also make the most of the study periods I get!!

Quick Reply

Latest