The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

A LEVEL LAW - need help

On the kings college university website it says that for the course law LLb you don’t need any required subjects but also it does not say the GCSE requirements , does it mean when I apply they would not say anything about GCSE ???
Reply 1
Hi, considering Kings asks for a minimum of A*AA for your A-Levels, it could be reasonably deduced that your GCSE's should range between A*-A for the best possible chances to be accepted. Other Russell group uni's ask for at least a 5 in both GCSE Maths and English. However, of course there have been many instances where applicants have been accepted for law into Kings despite not getting just A's and A*'s. There are other parts of your application that make a huge difference in whether you're likely to be accepted or not and the three that stand out include your A-Levels, PS and LNAT.
Hope this helps.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Emirim
Hi, considering Kings asks for a minimum of A*AA for your A-Levels, it could be reasonably deduced that your GCSE's should range between A*-A for the best possible chances to be accepted. Other Russell group uni's ask for at least a 5 in both GCSE Maths and English. However, of course there have been many instances where applicants have been accepted for law into Kings despite not getting just A's and A*'s. There are other parts of your application that make a huge difference in whether you're likely to be accepted or not and the three that stand out include your A-Levels, PS and LNAT.
Hope this helps.

Do you mean A* and As in A level as I haven’t done my alevels yet only finished GCSE , I just wanted to make sure the minimum is a 5 in GCSE English Lang and I got a 6 in maths soo would I be able to get into Russel group unis ?
Original post by Sparklingroses
Do you mean A* and As in A level as I haven’t done my alevels yet only finished GCSE , I just wanted to make sure the minimum is a 5 in GCSE English Lang and I got a 6 in maths soo would I be able to get into Russel group unis ?

nono most people automatically convert 7-9 to A-A* because it we've used the letter system for... years

you should be able to get into Russell (double L) Group universities, as well as others (there are many good unis not within the Russell group)
Reply 4

Getting into a Russell group university would really depend on the score you achieve in your LNAT and the quality of your application including your PS. Getting into a Russell group university simply can't be determined by your GCSE grades, but it would help if they were outstandingly good.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emirim
Getting into a Russell group university would really depend on the score you achieve in your LNAT and the quality of your application including your PS. Getting into a Russell group university simply can't be determined by your GCSE grades, but it would help if they were outstandingly good.

Ok thank you I just needed to know if they would be the major part of me getting to uni
Original post by Emirim

Do all Russell Group unis use the LNAT?
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Do all Russell Group unis use the LNAT?

Google is free to use
On the kings college university website it says that for the course law LLb you don’t need any required subjects but also it does not say the GCSE requirements , does it mean when I apply they would not say anything about GCSE ???

Did you look at the general requirements for all degrees?
Original post by Muttley79
Did you look at the general requirements for all degrees?

I am talking about GCSE results not A levels yet as I haven’t even done those yet or even started
I am talking about GCSE results not A levels yet as I haven’t even done those yet or even started

Yes so am I ... there are general GCSE requirements on all uni websites
Original post by Muttley79
Yes so am I ... there are general GCSE requirements on all uni websites[/
Yes ik I checked it already but the course that I want to do doesn’t have it , and ik already that all courses do have GCSE requirements you need to meet which I have met

Quick Reply

Latest