The Student Room Group

S2 or M1 or D1 (edexcel)

I just wanna take the easiest paper, ive done s1 last year and it was alright for me, i wouldnt say it was a breeze, it was a little challenging but still manageable. this year I dont want to strain myself on the third component too much and want to focus on p3 and p4 so I want to take the easiest one. S2 and M1 is given at school but D1 is not. which one would be the best choice?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by asdfghhihihi
I just wanna take the easiest paper, ive done s1 last year and it was alright for me, i wouldnt say it was a breeze, it was a little challenging but still manageable. this year I dont want to strain myself on the third component too much and want to focus on p3 and p4 so I want to take the easiest one. S2 and M1 is given at school but D1 is not. which one would be the best choice?

M1 is mechanics which can involve a lot of basic physics and calculations.
S2 is essentially interpretation of more stats.

Which of the 2 you would prefer will depend on your personality. If you prefer calculations and figuring things out so even if M1 is harder, you would enjoy it more. If you don't like writing long passages and being wary of using keywords or phrasing, S2 can annoy you.
If on the other hand, you're more of a descriptive person, S2 might be a better choice. The logic used in mechnanics can be a pain if you're not much of a logical thinker.

S2 will also be more useful if you don't intend to study anything related to physics at university e.g. engineering, physics, physical sciences. Stats is commonly used in a number of areas in academia, whereas mechanics is more niched.
(edited 1 year ago)

Which board is this?
Original post by MindMax2000
M1 is mechanics which can involve a lot of basic physics and calculations.
S2 is essentially interpretation of more stats.

Which of the 2 you would prefer will depend on your personality. If you prefer calculations and figuring things out so even if M1 is harder, you would enjoy it more. If you don't like writing long passages and being wary of using keywords or phrasing, so S2 can annoy you.
If on the other hand, you're more of a descriptive person, S2 might be a better choice. The logic used in mechnanics can be a pain if you're not much of a logical thinker.

S2 will also be more useful if you don't intend to study anything related to physics at university e.g. engineering, physics, physical sciences. Stats is commonly used in a number of areas in academia, whereas mechanics is more niched.

thank you so much for your advice 😊
Original post by Muttley79
Which board is this?

edexcel
edexcel

Presumably this is IAL? What degree are you considering?

Quick Reply

Latest