PS Helper
    (Original post by joshjoshjosh)
    Thinking holy **** i'm gonna fail.

apart from me.
    Sorry, what exactly is your question?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    Sorry, what exactly is your question?:confused:
    i believe the OP has started at either oxford or cambridge this year and is generally feeling like he's not smart enough to be there, and is wondering if others are in the same boat. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think they're asking if any other first years at Oxbridge feel like they're going to fail. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by willenium)
    i believe the OP has started at either oxford or cambridge this year and is generally feeling like he's not smart enough to be there, and is wondering if others are in the same boat. :yep:
    Right. Then why didn't he just say so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobnob)
    Right. Then why didn't he just say so?
    i'm afraid in this case my abilities stretch only to interpretation, not to analysis.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's so worried he can't focus on grammar etc. anymore.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I had that last year. Still think it now to some extent. You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few of us feel like that! That's the first thing one of my tutors told me as soon as I started...some of us feel like we got here by fluke and there was a mistake in the admissions process, but it's not true :p:

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that! But I'm hoping over time I'll be able to answer the test questions better... or at least I hope so, otherwise this will be my first and last year here...

ReputationRep:
    I think its a very normal experience. Remember first year exams are quite useful because not failing makes it easier to relax a bit in second year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I think its a very normal experience. Remember first year exams are quite useful because not failing makes it easier to relax a bit in second year.
    Speak for yourself!

*is starting to panic already about 2nd year exams even though they are months away*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcb914)
    Speak for yourself!

*is starting to panic already about 2nd year exams even though they are months away*
    Don't worry, I'll panic in due course!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that!!! Ridiculously like that in fact- but I think I'm getting used to the fact that everyone around me is just insanely clever
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Q.E.D)
    I feel like that!!! Ridiculously like that in fact- but I think I'm getting used to the fact that everyone around me is just insanely clever
    Yeah, some of the people here are ridiculously clever. Disgustingly clever. Grrr

Don't let it freak you out though

ReputationRep:
    Some definitely are, but alot less than one might think. Which is very comforting :^^:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That is true

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.