Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shylyescence12)
    Ohh I have that, its gorgeous :-) What also works well is a square of yorkie bar...if you chuck it in and let it melt as you're eating, it's just amazing when you discover it again :yep:

Stewed apple, cinnamon and sugar?! Yes! Something I can do with my spare apples, what a great idea.
    HAHA so right. i thought i was the only one who melted chocolate into porridge :0 i use the scotblock cake covering if its in the house

ReputationRep:
    Sunflower seeds and linseeds

Sugar and cinammon

Blueberries

Dried fruit and nuts

ReputationRep:
    I love porridge with blueberries and chopped banana or a blob of strawberry jam :love:

I think I'll try the nutella idea though, it sounds yummy!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I have that, its gorgeous :-) What also works well is a square of yorkie bar...if you chuck it in and let it melt as you're eating, it's just amazing when you discover it again :yep:
    Oooh, I shall have to try that!

ReputationRep:
    I chop in a banana before it goes in the microwave, so then the banana slices go all hot and smushy which I like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)
    You're like my boyfriend, he insists that porridge is savoury only.
    Bleeech.
    savoury?? i wouldnt dream of savoury porridge lol

ReputationRep:
    Ive been making really milky porridge recently, its almost soup like, yummy though

I dont really like it with anything apart from a bit of sugar

ReputationRep:
    My mum likes to make the porridge with water, then mix in a few spoonfuls of fruity yoghurt of some kind. It's really nice...

ReputationRep:
    I boil mine so they're nearly dry (sludgy even), then add honey. It is the sex.
    Proper oats too, not instant ones. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Raisins and golden/maple syrup.

ReputationRep:
    I always have a packet of raisins and a spoonful of brown sugar.
    But then I'm boring. I really want to try savoury oats but in a more jazzed up interesting way...has anyone had savoury oats with something other than salt? Like egg etc? Looking for recipes...

ReputationRep:
    Sugar and lemon is good...

Or Bananas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little.miss.vicki)
    stewed apple, cinnamon and brown sugar mmmmm
    I couldn't agree more that is easily the most luxurious topping

I usually have natural yoghurt (nice and sharp) with some honey.

ReputationRep:
    I just took that idea and evolved a little... I threw a mini-Aero into the mix and cooked it and the porridge has a chocolately centre :yep: :p:

Thank you for the suggestion!

ReputationRep:
    mmm, i agree porridge with nutella is gorgwous, or try chocolate raisins, the chocolate melts leaving you with chocolatey porridge with raisins in it, also white chocolate squares are good too

ReputationRep:
    I normally make the porridge with mostly water and a little bit of milk (I find the milk makes it smoother somehow), and then at the end, add a sliced banana, 3 chopped dried apricots, 30g sultanas, and 25g mixed seeds. That's 3 portions of fruit, and some extra protein! And it tastes pretty good.

Then once I've put it in the bowl, I add either a splash of milk or a spoonful of yoghurt, and a spoonful of golden syrup.

ReputationRep:
    ready brek + chopped banana + chocolate chips (the ones that you'd use to make cookies with) :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I had a craving for porridge yesterday. Not had any yet though

I love golden syrup in mine. Yummy!

ReputationRep:
    I might try sticking nutella in my porridge next time o_O Could be interesting

ReputationRep:
    I love the way my boyfriend makes porridge, because it's so sugary If you want it healthy though, try adding different types of berries. I have also found this website that has some ideas on : http://www.paulamee.com/paulamee/mai...Breakfasts.htm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.