The Student Room Group
Reply 1
????
Reply 2
I play it for fun to do as well as I can.. I'm not sure it's very effective but it certainly famliliarises yourself with mental maths and practice can help to improve your memory and other skills..
Reply 3
If I am being honest no. To begin with it is ok but after a while the novelty wears off.
Reply 4
I enjoyed it until I got a perfect brain age then I didn't want to play it anymore because it would ruin the score!
Not sure it's that great on the whole, but it really did help my quick mental arithmetic, which came in super handy when I got a job on a till.
It isn't as effective to be honest. Once you play it for a day or so, you will keep getting the same scores and the questions normally repeat themselves. First day I got it I had the brain age of 23 (Lowest is 20) and after a few days of practising, my little sister aged 9 had (21). It doesn't really help training your brain. Just think of stuff and do crosswords, puzzles and other stuff that require thinking. Chess!
Reply 7
Well, I did try a Japanese version, hehe. I found out that my "Japanese" intelligence is right up there with the earthworms:wink:

Perhaps I should add that I do not speak Japanese...
Reply 8
thanks people. I might jus buy it 4 da sake of it. m gettin very 4getful these days

Latest

Trending

Trending