The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm allergic to paprika; I get terrible gripes in my stomach if I eat anything containing paprika.

Oh, and I'm allergic to the SPF they put into lipbalms; they make my lips swell and itch - not that they need to be any bigger than they are already aaaah.
Reply 2
Well I sneeze at sunlight, but that's not an allergy per se. My Physics teacher was the same and he explained the technical term but I can't remember it now.
Reply 3
allergy - copper. nickel, stainless steel
effect - blisters, rash, swelling

allergy - caffeine
effect - good case- rash and vomiting, bad case- loss of consciousness and cardiac arrest

allergy- green pepper (spice, not vegetable)
effect- vomit blood if ingested, or nose bleeds if sniffed
Reply 4
pine trees, so no xmas trees, no pine air freshener, and when i was little my riding centre used pine wood chips in the school and I had to stop going.
I get all the hay fever symptoms and if I get pricked by a pine needle I come out in hives. :frown:
semen - swell up, burn, sting & sometimes blister.

pepper - burns, even just from smelling it in. worst case is my mouth and throat blistering.

I've never met anyone else allergic to those.
Reply 6
Shellfish- vomit about five minutes after anything containing shellish

Plaster- Come up in huge painful blisters... not very nice
Reply 7
death.drop
semen - swell up, burn, sting & sometimes blister.

pepper - burns, even just from smelling it in. worst case is my mouth and throat blistering.

I've never met anyone else allergic to those.

I have the latter :biggrin: Someone thought I was using cocaine once because of it :biggrin:
Reply 8
Mosquitos :frown: I swell like a balloon and scar. I don't know if it's all bitey-stingy insects or just mozzies though, I've never been stung by anything else.

EDIT: Oh and no.7 lipsticks, my lips went all blistered and purple.
penicillin - never had it,don't know what would happen

a LOT of shower gels/shampoos etc - rash, itching, redness etc.

Pretty common allegies I think.
Reply 10
Im currently suffering from uticaria, never used to be allergic to anything, and suddenly i got this. Seems really random.
As far as I know, absolutely nothing. My sister's allergic to synthetic hair dye (so she uses Henna to dye her hair), and a few other things.
Yes i do have an allergy to the word random.
x_Bex_x
pine trees, so no xmas trees, no pine air freshener, and when i was little my riding centre used pine wood chips in the school and I had to stop going.
I get all the hay fever symptoms and if I get pricked by a pine needle I come out in hives. :frown:

Me too! Real pine xmas trees make me itch and sneeze, wasn't nice on xmas day last year at nan's house!
Am also allergic to peanuts/nuts but that's not so random.
Citrus fruits give me asthma.
And furry animals :smile:
acore
Im currently suffering from uticaria, never used to be allergic to anything, and suddenly i got this. Seems really random.

Aww =( Have you taken antihistamines? I had that when I ate a brazil nut choc back in June, knew I was allergic to it though. My whole body was itchy!! Urticaria is actually the posh word for nettle rash, which I find weird since it's not always caused by nettles :p:
Any idea what brought it on?
I'm allergic to one of my guinea pigs, which sucks. I'm ok with the other two, but they're different breeds with different hair. :-(
Seanisonfire
Yes i do have an allergy to the word random.

:ditto: Sneezes and has onset of a rash

Im allergic to nuts and seeds, its not random just very annoying lol! :p:
Reply 17
I'm allergic to certain antibiotics.. i looked like i had the chicken pox for days! But they made me throw up loads too.. wasn't fun! :o:
Llamaaa
allergy - copper. nickel, stainless steel
effect - blisters, rash, swelling

I get that, I used to have to be really careful with watches or jewellery or it'd be hell!

Other than that penicillin, hay fever and some lactose intolerance, but none of them are unusual really.
flown_muse
penicillin - never had it,don't know what would happen

How can you say you're allergic to it if you've never had it?!

Latest

Trending

Trending