Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you have a Random allergy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have any random allergies?
    f you want to please post any random allergies that you have and what it makes you do:
    Me=
    Allergy: mints
    effect: sneeze

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to paprika; I get terrible gripes in my stomach if I eat anything containing paprika.

Oh, and I'm allergic to the SPF they put into lipbalms; they make my lips swell and itch - not that they need to be any bigger than they are already aaaah.

ReputationRep:
    Well I sneeze at sunlight, but that's not an allergy per se. My Physics teacher was the same and he explained the technical term but I can't remember it now.

ReputationRep:
    allergy - copper. nickel, stainless steel
    effect - blisters, rash, swelling

allergy - caffeine
    effect - good case- rash and vomiting, bad case- loss of consciousness and cardiac arrest

allergy- green pepper (spice, not vegetable)
    effect- vomit blood if ingested, or nose bleeds if sniffed

ReputationRep:
    pine trees, so no xmas trees, no pine air freshener, and when i was little my riding centre used pine wood chips in the school and I had to stop going.
    I get all the hay fever symptoms and if I get pricked by a pine needle I come out in hives.

ReputationRep:
    semen - swell up, burn, sting & sometimes blister.

pepper - burns, even just from smelling it in. worst case is my mouth and throat blistering.

I've never met anyone else allergic to those.

ReputationRep:
    Shellfish- vomit about five minutes after anything containing shellish

Plaster- Come up in huge painful blisters... not very nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    semen - swell up, burn, sting & sometimes blister.

pepper - burns, even just from smelling it in. worst case is my mouth and throat blistering.

I've never met anyone else allergic to those.
    I have the latter Someone thought I was using cocaine once because of it

ReputationRep:
    Mosquitos I swell like a balloon and scar. I don't know if it's all bitey-stingy insects or just mozzies though, I've never been stung by anything else.

EDIT: Oh and no.7 lipsticks, my lips went all blistered and purple.

ReputationRep:
    penicillin - never had it,don't know what would happen

a LOT of shower gels/shampoos etc - rash, itching, redness etc.

Pretty common allegies I think.

ReputationRep:
    Im currently suffering from uticaria, never used to be allergic to anything, and suddenly i got this. Seems really random.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, absolutely nothing. My sister's allergic to synthetic hair dye (so she uses Henna to dye her hair), and a few other things.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i do have an allergy to the word random.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Bex_x)
    pine trees, so no xmas trees, no pine air freshener, and when i was little my riding centre used pine wood chips in the school and I had to stop going.
    I get all the hay fever symptoms and if I get pricked by a pine needle I come out in hives.
    Me too! Real pine xmas trees make me itch and sneeze, wasn't nice on xmas day last year at nan's house!
    Am also allergic to peanuts/nuts but that's not so random.
    Citrus fruits give me asthma.
    And furry animals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acore)
    Im currently suffering from uticaria, never used to be allergic to anything, and suddenly i got this. Seems really random.
    Aww =( Have you taken antihistamines? I had that when I ate a brazil nut choc back in June, knew I was allergic to it though. My whole body was itchy!! Urticaria is actually the posh word for nettle rash, which I find weird since it's not always caused by nettles :p:
    Any idea what brought it on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to one of my guinea pigs, which sucks. I'm ok with the other two, but they're different breeds with different hair. :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Yes i do have an allergy to the word random.
    :ditto: Sneezes and has onset of a rash

Im allergic to nuts and seeds, its not random just very annoying lol! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to certain antibiotics.. i looked like i had the chicken pox for days! But they made me throw up loads too.. wasn't fun! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamaaa)
    allergy - copper. nickel, stainless steel
    effect - blisters, rash, swelling
    I get that, I used to have to be really careful with watches or jewellery or it'd be hell!

Other than that penicillin, hay fever and some lactose intolerance, but none of them are unusual really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    penicillin - never had it,don't know what would happen
    How can you say you're allergic to it if you've never had it?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.