Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    most washing up liquids make my arms itch like crazy for hours, the only one that doesnt is weirdly a cheap tesco one.

also, extreme heat, like if its really sunny, i'll come up in this really fine bumpy rash that drives me insane with the itch.

ReputationRep:
    Bread crumbs ... the ones you get after toasting ... I get terrible sneeze fits and my eyes start to water up because of the irritation in my nose ... anything dusty and bread crummy and stuff gets me :o:

Its probably due to my hay fever allergies :sadnod:

Edit: And eating fried aubergines gives me an itchy throat though if its cooked I can eat it

ReputationRep:
    very ripe fruit gives me an itchy throat! plus white melon makes my throat close up :s

ReputationRep:
    i'm allergic to ugly people, they make me feel sick

ReputationRep:
    Latex

ReputationRep:
    Milk, cheese, chocolate, yoghurt... I get a rash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    How can you say you're allergic to it if you've never had it?!
    Good point. I must have had it then, but when I was younger? Or maybe they did a skin test or something...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Morning fresh washing up liquid really takes all the skin off my hands and also eggs.My son is allergic to the numbing cream they use at the hospital, the crook of his arm and the back of his hand swelled up really badly when he had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the living legend)
    i'm allergic to ugly people, they make me feel sick
    Don't be silly, you can't be allergic to yourself :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Cherryade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leira1234)
    Allergy: mints
    effect: sneeze
    Same!

And chocolate : /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eMJaaay♥)
    Don't be silly, you can't be allergic to yourself :nah:
    you must b thinking of the wrong person, i'm beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Sanex, which gives me a rash.

ReputationRep:
    Not really random, but amoxyll, which is a penicillin-type antibiotic (I come out in a rash) and a few fragrance ingredients which gives me dermatitis on my hands. Which is unhelpful, because all frangrances are listed as 'parfum', rather than individually, so I can't avoid just certain products, I have to avoid all of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Not really random, but amoxyll, which is a penicillin-type antibiotic (I come out in a rash) and a few fragrance ingredients which gives me dermatitis on my hands. Which is unhelpful, because all frangrances are listed as 'parfum', rather than individually, so I can't avoid just certain products, I have to avoid all of them!
    For me it's particularly the Linalool compound, maybe try avoiding that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    For me it's particularly the Linalool compound, maybe try avoiding that?
    I think one was cinnamyl alcohol, but that was only because I peeked at the notes. The bloody doctor didn't tell me!

ReputationRep:
    Dust. I know everyone sneezes when they got near a bit of dust. But I'm allergic to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acore)
    Im currently suffering from uticaria, never used to be allergic to anything, and suddenly i got this. Seems really random.

i have this! chronic uticaria. I thought i was the only one....
    Apparantly its a sensitivity to being too hot or too cold. Calamine lotion is awesome
    Other than that im allergic to PPD (that chemical in hair dyes and ink) and will make my head balloon if attempted, nickel as i get rash / itchness, and a load of body washes and lotions.

sigh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the living legend)
    you must b thinking of the wrong person, i'm beautiful.
    If you say so :p:

ReputationRep:
    Allergy - That gooey pink soap in public toilets
    Effect - Rash

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.