Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My borhter is allergic to penicillin

ReputationRep:
    Fake jewellery and some tablets.

ReputationRep:
    Cough Medicine (forgotten what type) - Made me blister and shed a layer of skin on my torso. Awful

Pine Nuts - Makes my mouth feel like its burning

Plasters - Gives me swelling, pussing and blisters and also can make me swell up. Especially if worn for a period over 5 hours or so.

Mosquito bites - Makes me swell up, blister, gives me giant boils on the site, can make me feel faint and dizzy.

Almond Essence - Makes my mouth and skin burn if I use it during cooking.

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to dust. As in, I can't hoover because it stirs dust up into the air. My eyes swell and close, I can't breathe properly and I sneeze and sneeze and sneeze. It also gives me a rash.
    I'm also allergic to certain make-ups (I coudn't tell you which) but usually the cheaper ones. Makes my skin all red and sore My mascara is a cheap one, though, and that's fine!

Also, weirdly, I'm allergic to popcorn. Not anything else to do with corn, just popcorn. I get hives

ReputationRep:
    i used to eat loads of fruit when i was younger, and for the past year or so, iv developed allergy to apples, peaches, apricots, cherries, jackfruit, uncooked carrots < i dont know how, however i can eat cooked carrots :p: and theres probably more

ReputationRep:
    Not me (I just have a boring nut allergy that makes my mouth itch, and get hayfever), but I have a friend who is allergic to an incredible amount of stuff, including the preservative they put in with adrenaline in epipens, so she can't even carry one of those because it wouldn't help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to gold. I can wear any gold jewellery I come out in a rash.

ReputationRep:
    the colouring in alcopops, especially blue WKD and premixed archers alcopops. Not sure why as they are different colours, and i can drink normal archers. Makes me feel like my head is on fire, get a rash on my neck and chest and crampy feeling in my torso. Fun fun before a night out when i discover a new one i cant drink!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to house dust mites, mixed grasses and small tree pollen apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be allergic to balloons. I'm fairly alright now.

johnsons baby lotion... makes my skin itchy and rash
    apple skin, makes my throat itchy and my windpipe narrows and then i find it hard to breathe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    Aww =( Have you taken antihistamines? I had that when I ate a brazil nut choc back in June, knew I was allergic to it though. My whole body was itchy!! Urticaria is actually the posh word for nettle rash, which I find weird since it's not always caused by nettles :p:
    Any idea what brought it on?
    Yeah, ive been taking Loratadine for a few weeks now which is easing it alot, helps me get through the day without scratching myself to death. And no, I have no idea why I have it or whats causing it. I moved back into halls and that seems to have triggered it, but theres nothing strange here...

(Original post by crazyunicorn133)
    i have this! chronic uticaria. I thought i was the only one....
    Apparantly its a sensitivity to being too hot or too cold. Calamine lotion is awesome
    I think mines going to be chronic, only have to wait a week before it gets identified as chronic. I have to try calamine, what is it exactly?

ReputationRep:
    face paints and some makeup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    semen - swell up, burn, sting & sometimes blister.

pepper - burns, even just from smelling it in. worst case is my mouth and throat blistering.

I've never met anyone else allergic to those.

Ummm, semen as in semen? Or sea men as in sailors

If the first option, can you have children?

But seriously that is a random allergy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadChicken)
    Ummm, semen as in semen? Or sea men as in sailors

If the first option, can you have children?
    lol semen as in semen. I think sea men would be a weirder allergy.

I'm going for all the testing and stuff soon. it's only in the last year or two it's got bad, before it was a very mild reaction and I definitely could.

edit: there was one time when my boyfriend had had a meal with cracked black pepper corns and then jizzed in my mouth a few hours later. Never has so much of my throat peeled off as it did then. plus the top of my mouth turned into gunge, it was really pretty gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    lol semen as in semen. I think sea men would be a weirder allergy.

I'm going for all the testing and stuff soon. it's only in the last year or two it's got bad, before it was a very mild reaction and I definitely could.

edit: there was one time when my boyfriend had had a meal with cracked black pepper corns and then jizzed in my mouth a few hours later. Never has so much of my throat peeled off as it did then. plus the top of my mouth turned into gunge, it was really pretty gross.
    I was amused at first, when I read about testing, imagining someone giving you a skin test, where would you get the semen from? :laughing:

But... then I read the edit. That doesn't sound nice, I hope you're okay!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm allergic to something in Simple products. I have no idea what. But it made my skin go horribly red, bumpy and sore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    I'm allergic to something in Simple products. I have no idea what. But it made my skin go horribly red, bumpy and sore.
    You're a very good photographer, I just looked at your flickr thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leira1234)
    Does anyone else have any random allergies?
    f you want to please post any random allergies that you have and what it makes you do:
    Me=
    Allergy: mints
    effect: sneeze
    Mints make me sneeze too! So does Baileys...but I still drink it

Newsprint brings me out in hives if I get it on my face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redpanda91)
    You're a very good photographer, I just looked at your flickr thing
    Aww, thank you!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.