What?????????? Watch

d5e8t4d4w8r
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

I am doing my Law Degree at the mo and have been thinking about my future..
My fiancee and I are getting married next year after I graduate. Originally i wanted to go on to do the LPC/BVC and qualify as a solicitor/barrister.
However, now i am a little older, my fiancee and I have been discussing how we would love to have children yet we are wondering if it will be possible if i am in the legal professsion. We do not want our children to be brought up by nannys/child minders etc....so, what i am asking is; is there such thing as a part time lawyer? Do firms give you the opportunity to work 2/3 days per week? Or is this just unrealistic. If not, what other careers/jobs are there which would give a mother flexibility to work part time?

Thanks!
indigovioletred
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you considered going into the academic side of law - doing research and lecturing in a particular area? It might be worth looking in to, I suppose it might generally be expected that you would practice law before lecturing, but I know at my uni there are a couple of very young law tutors, who presumably haven't practiced law - or if they have, not for very long!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Odd title to this thread.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.4%
No (461)
60.58%
Not really bothered about them (160)
21.02%

Watched Threads