Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know that sounds weird, most people complain about the opposite. But I havent been single since I was 14 until now (18). This sounds like i get around lol but i dont, i was actually only with 2 ppl but both were long term relationships with about a week in between.
    Ive only just broken up with my bf now and its really annoying because i feel like i need 2 b in a relationship. Like i dont feel worthy on my own or something.
    Is any1 else really dependent on others like this? I'm not sure why i am, but wud really appreciate some advice on how to b single and happy with it! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    If you did the major part of your growing up while in relationships, then yeah, you probably would feel like you had to be in a relationship all the time.

Give it time.

ReputationRep:
    are you over ur ex? i found that wen i was single and wanted to be i.e. didnt want to get back with my ex anymore i was happy being single

ReputationRep:
    you have to be happy with your own company thats the key to it and go out a lot with your friends

ReputationRep:
    Because you are easy :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been properly single since 2007. I dated my first boyfriend in 2005 .. broke up in 2006, ten month gap .. and then got with my second in Dec 2006, broke up early May 2007, dated my third end of May 2007, broke up Jan 2008, got with my current Feb 2008. So yeah ... I haven't been properly single for a long time now, and my friends say I'm the type who can't stay single. But it's not like I need to be in a relationship. I just tend to meet really nice guys and eventually I fall for them.
    Eventually.

And yes, if you spent a good deal of your growing up years in relationships, then you'd feel like you have to be in one to function. You shouldn't though. Growing up years should be spent having fun.

ReputationRep:
    you sound like my ex... I think she was insecure and needed someone to make her feel good about herself...

ReputationRep:
    I find it very difficult to stay single - since my first boyfriend (about two years ago) I haven't been single for more than a month. I don't think there's much of a problem with it - I just meet some nice guys that I want to have relationships with.

If possible, try to force yourself to be single for a while. Keep guys as friends and no more, because it will be good for you as you've grown up always having a boyfriend. After three months or so of this, you'll be used to the feeling and know you can make it on your own if you have to

ReputationRep:
    I wish I met nice guys >_>

ReputationRep:
    In a few months, you'll be fine. It's just the process of learning how to be self-dependent; it's hard, but you need to go through it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.