Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complex pills and periods/pregnancy dilemma. Watch

As a twenty year old, at university, I have been extremely irresponsible. Firstly I have PCOS so I have been on Microgynon for the last 2 and a bit years. I changed to Marvelon and for some huge stresses in my life, was terrible at taking it. I am in an LDR with b/f so don't have sex all too often. Even so, for a few months I was having sex irregularly and not taking every pill in the packet.

This month I have had two periods, the last one ended 9 days ago. After that I had sex, (Saturday just passed), and I haven't been taking the pills properly again. I know this is so immature. Anyway I confided in my friend and she made me do a pregnancy test and the results are negative.

How accurate would this be? I mean for the last few months I have been ridiculously slap-dash for my pills, but I do have PCOS and I don't have sex that much.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, were you taking the pills correctly from the end of your break to when you had sex? also is Marvelon a combined or mini pill? if you took the pill correctly from the endof your break then missing pill after you had sex is not a problem. If yiy are on the combined then you have a bit less chance of getting pg than on the mini pill. TBH I think you need to wait another week or so 9two weeks from when you had sex) and do another test to make sure as it would be too early for any pregnancy to show up atm.

I was pretty useless on the pill in a LDR too, it just didnt seem that important to take them all the time wheni would only see my bf once a month. i would recomend thinking about a longer term contraceptive (implant/injection) if you are bad a taking the pill. It will giveyou so much more peace of mind. (obviously only if it works with PCOS though)
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    To be absolutely sure that you aren't pregnant I think that your best bet would be to take another test in a week or so. Until your next period make sure that you are using another method of contraception to cover you if you haven't been taking your pill correctly. If you are really having problems with the pill as the above poster has said considering another method of contraception is probably sensible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.