The Student Room Group

Can my Predicted change between the Early Entry and Regular Entry deadline

I was thinking of applying to Cambridge, which naturally requires early entry, but my predicted grades that I have received are slightly below the entry requirements, with Cambridge requiring a 776 and me achieving a 766. However, my school does a set of mocks during october for anyone that under achieved, with these mocks being after the early entry deadline but before the january deadline. On these mocks I'm relatively certain I can achieve a 776 or even a 777. So my plan was to apply to cambridge during the early entry deadline but only send off that application due to me not being confident that i'll get into my other choices with a 766, and relying on the new set of grades from the next mock for the january deadline. But my question is, when I apply to the other unis during the january deadline, will they put the october mock predicteds that were higher than my previous predicteds? or will they just keep the 766, seeing as I know that you can't change your personal statement so i'm wondering if it's the same sort of thing for predicted grades. This is really important because my subjects are maths physics and comp sci, with the two 6 being in maths and physics, which is what i need at a 7 for my other choices other than cambridge haha.
Thank you!
Original post by krvkenone
I was thinking of applying to Cambridge, which naturally requires early entry, but my predicted grades that I have received are slightly below the entry requirements, with Cambridge requiring a 776 and me achieving a 766. However, my school does a set of mocks during october for anyone that under achieved, with these mocks being after the early entry deadline but before the january deadline. On these mocks I'm relatively certain I can achieve a 776 or even a 777. So my plan was to apply to cambridge during the early entry deadline but only send off that application due to me not being confident that i'll get into my other choices with a 766, and relying on the new set of grades from the next mock for the january deadline. But my question is, when I apply to the other unis during the january deadline, will they put the october mock predicteds that were higher than my previous predicteds? or will they just keep the 766, seeing as I know that you can't change your personal statement so i'm wondering if it's the same sort of thing for predicted grades. This is really important because my subjects are maths physics and comp sci, with the two 6 being in maths and physics, which is what i need at a 7 for my other choices other than cambridge haha.
Thank you!

i am also in a similar situation with you but i dont understand your grading system
Original post by krvkenone
Thank you!

It' unlikely your school will update their predictions as they are in the reference. You have one UCAS application - you can add additional unis but usuall nothing else changes. It's likely you'll get an automatic rejection from Cambridge with predictions below what is required.
I think you should speak to your subject teacher to see if you can get a 7 for one of your 6s.

If you apply with a 766 when the min requirement is 776, there’s a high chance Cambridge would reject you.
Schools CANNOT update predicted grades once your UCAS application has been submitted.

If you dont think you will get high enough predicted grades to apply this year, then dont apply this year.
Work your socks off this year to get the best possible grades you can and then apply next year for 2024 entry.
Nowhere does it say you can only apply to Cambridge whilst still at school.
Reply 5
(Original post by cooldan63)i am also in a similar situation with you but i dont understand your grading system

I do the international baccalaureate where a 7 is equal to an A*, 6 is an A, so on so forth, if that helps
Reply 6
(Original post by Muttley79)It' unlikely your school will update their predictions as they are in the reference. You have one UCAS application - you can add additional unis but usuall nothing else changes. It's likely you'll get an automatic rejection from Cambridge with predictions below what is required.

Ah okay, thanks for the reply, I'd still like to apply because I feel like I'll regret if I don't give it a shot. I'll take this into consideration though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending