Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys I seem to have major problems with my bench press. I just really struggle getting it up. I dont know if its because i have relatively logn skiny arms?

what you guys think ?

ReputationRep:
    go abit lighter maybe ?
    • Forum Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Forum Assistant
    I don't think theres enough weight on the bar.

Add some more and see if that helps the cause.

Failing that, I heard there's a pill for those type of problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukap)
    I just really struggle getting it up.
    anyone else as immature as me?

I presume you go to a gym, is there a personal trainer that you could ask, as I bet they'll know more than most people than TSR.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.criticalbench.com/floor-press.htm

ReputationRep:
    Lift what you can. You'll get better at it over time.

ReputationRep:
    I also like the floor press to help prepare the body for more weight. Do them and eat more.

ReputationRep:
    I also enjoy the occasional floor press. But, I'm going to hazard a guess and say that in the OPs case, his bench is not heavy enough to worry about anything more advanced than some good ol' fashioned benching volume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukap)
    Guys I seem to have major problems with my bench press. I just really struggle getting it up. I dont know if its because i have relatively logn skiny arms?

what you guys think ?
    Thats a shame, my bench is swole.

I got my bench swole by benching 5 x 5, doing close grip benches and doing heavy push press.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukap)

what you guys think ?

I have this problem and the bench is arguably the best (relatively) of my three lifts.

Dynamic pushups, explosive pause presses and general upper body strength training worked for me.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.