Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My language is definitely getting worse, and although I did get hauled in front of the head at primary school for telling a spotty oik to eff off during a game of kiss chase (!) I have generally been restricted to use of mild words like the s-one, the a-one and the p-one, with use of the f-word only when very tired or annoyed. Recently however I seem to have got really bad, and seem to have slipped into the general use of the phrase including the f-word, s-word and a b-word for things that go wrong quite freely. I also found myself describing an ex as a silly w****** in a conversation to a friend the other day which was pretty unusual. I really hate the c-word, and have only used it twice when really annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    f off you chav lol

ReputationRep:
    yes. More than I really should - working in kitchens i ******* SWEAR has made my language far more foul than it used to be. that and hockey :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I don't use them all the time, because then they'd lose their expressiveness. But I don't have a problem with using or hearing any of them.

The only word that makes me uncomfortable is the n-word.

ReputationRep:
    I never use the c word, but I have to be really provoked to swear, I try to use alternatives though, like sugar and ballcocks. I would never swear in Punjabi.

ReputationRep:
    I only swear if something is really irritating me or if I've hurt myself. I swore for about five minutes straight when I ripped my toenail off.

In general though, you may hear me utter the odd "bugger", but nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    I swear lots. If done correctly it's amusing. And if not done correctly it's merely cathartic. My favourite is "see you next Tuesday" because it can still shock people!

ReputationRep:
    i don't really swear much at all :proud:

it's seems to be something that doesn't come naturally in my vocabulary lol ... when i do, it's because i'm extremely angry/upset

ReputationRep:
    i swear gratuitously. king knut is the only one that really has any effect any more so i save that for special occasions.

ReputationRep:
    I swear like a trooper, both in English and Persian, as my numerous warnings on this forum show.

ReputationRep:
    I swear like a sailor, I really do. Sometimes I feel awkward swearing around people, but other times I'll just go for it. I am also not restricted by words. One lovely anecdote follows, detailing awkwardness and lack of restriction:

I was out the other week with some female friends, and I was rather drunk. I was doing my usual "swearing like Bluebeard" routine, when I found out that one of the girls was Anglican. My word, I've never toned down my language so fast ever. Every single "****" became "effing", and I even dropped the c-word from my repertoire...and I use the c-word as an adverb!?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I use Fudge a lot.

Now I have to fudging go to work

ReputationRep:
    I swear all of the time. I am very rude.

ReputationRep:
    when I'm sober I dont swear unless I hurt myself, or in a football game...
    When I'm drunk, I swear quite abit more, generally for silly things :p:

ReputationRep:
    i swear alllll the time.. i never used to but as ive gotten older i guess my language has just gotten dirrtier

i swear at the smallest things.. i say the f word waaaay too much like way to much.

swearing is fun, it makes me look cool :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a mouth like a sewer, but a desire to be a bit more classy (and watching way too much Family Guy) has led to the frequent use of 'blast!', 'curses!', 'rats!' and 'drat!'.

Most I don't mind being around, got desensitised by waching post watershed telly as a child :P
    I think the c one is a bit foul, though, and its common use makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting a bit bad - I've gotten into the habit of saying any random one-syllable swear word rather loudly when I realised I've forgotten something/hurt myself etc. I say 'for god's sake' a lot too. When I think about it I don't actually like it - methinks I'm gonna make a concious attempt to try and tone it down a little.

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases lol. There will be a time when my language gets really bad and I swear all the time. Then I try and control it then don't swear so much. Then I go back to my old ways haha. When I'm drunk I swear a bit - and I tend to shout when I'm drunk. It's a bit embarassing when I think about it. I don't like the c word though, I never use that.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I swear a lot in written chat, like on msn or here. I swear a lot when I'm drunk. I swear a little bit normally. However, thinking about it, I would never swear in a letter, no matter how informal it was. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01rudde)
    I say 'for god's sake' a lot too.
    Swearing is bad enough; blasphemy is inexcusable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.