Turn on thread page Beta

Swearing - do you, and if so how badly? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the problem with swearing. It's a little unimaginative, but getting all uptight and "offended" by simple words is a bit silly.

ReputationRep:
    I usually swear when I hurt my ankle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01rudde)
    I say 'for god's sake' a lot too.
    You badass...

ReputationRep:
    I'm very bad for swearing. Five ***** in a sentence, when none are really needed. I don't understand the big deal with it, my Mum gives me in trouble but I don't get it, it's just words after all and I've never actually sworn AT her.

ReputationRep:
    I swear quite a lot, the only word I never use is the c one. I don't really find swearing too offensive to be honest.

All the bloody time you ******* ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    You badass...
    Haha. Very funny.
    I mentioned it because I don't particularly like the fact that I do it and some people find it just as offensive as any other swear-word.

ReputationRep:
    i use all the swear words frequently, especially the c-word, it makes me feel hard.

ReputationRep:
    My language is absoloutely shocking. I needlessly swear all the time and use the c word far too much.

ReputationRep:
    If I forget a word I'm going to say in a sentence I replace it with ******* while I think. An odd habit that I have no idea where I picked it up from. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    waaay too much.

ReputationRep:
    I swear too much. Try to stop but it's hard

ReputationRep:
    I swear if I'm angry, etc. However, in everyday talk I try to exclude myself from doing so. So, I don't really swear a lot tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkletasia)
    I swear quite a lot, the only word I never use is the c one. I don't really find swearing too offensive to be honest.
    cream? chili? chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    What the absolute ******* ******* ********? In my ******* opinion, I never ******* swear. Ever. URGH, ************, that's any ****** who DOES swear is an absolute **** and pussy. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I never swear or 'use God's name in vain'. It's probably mainly the way my parents brought me up and the people I hung around with. I don't really have any problem with people swearing around me, it just seems a little childish when it's used in the place of real humor.
    I'm quite interested why certain words are classed as swearing, they are only offensive because we are told they are...
    EDIT: (Spelling correction)

ReputationRep:
    I generally swear only in context, I don't go round saying 'pass the effing remote' or 'it effing rocks' or anything like some people I know. I uses bloody and P*** a lot though, oh and crap, but I keep my effing for special (usually wasted) occassions

ReputationRep:
    i swear like a *******, everywhere. didn't go down with the doctors when i was in hospital last month. i cant help it, im just really mouthy. i know when it's not appropriate though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin-jesusfreak)
    I never swear or 'use God's name in vein'..
    ever used it in VAIN though?

ReputationRep:
    I swear all the time, but not badly, because swearing to me, isn't bad.

wait, the P one? what's the p one???

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.