Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I never use the c word, but I have to be really provoked to swear, I try to use alternatives though, like sugar and ballcocks. I would never swear in Punjabi.
    Punjabi swear words are the best!

I try to avoid to, but the people I hang out with do it so much that sometimes I end up subconsciously do it. If something really pisses me off then my swearwords end up in the more vehement category, usually i'm pretty good about it. Hate the c word though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do it - but not at all badly; rather well, in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I swear all the time, but not badly, because swearing to me, isn't bad.

wait, the P one? what's the p one???
    Poo!:eek:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    as always, stephen fry says it best

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm quite bad for it actually, every swear word in the book I'll use it quite alot. I can turn it off when I try mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    as always, stephen fry says it best
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty bad when I'm with friends but rarely ever swear at home due to the divine wrath of the mother, never ever use the c word

Only when appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch Mock the Week last night?

"F~~~~~n'.......
    ...BOOOOOOOOOO!"

haha

It depends who I'm with, if I'm with the kids then I don't, when I'm with my friends I swear quite a bit, and when I'm drunk I'm filthy. And I use some offensive words in an affectionate fashion.
    Although I never say "for God's sake!" because my little sister doesn't like it. And I try to avoid saying "Oh my God!", but I have trouble with that sometimes, I can usually nip in with the 'gosh' before I say God, but it doesn't always happen.

ReputationRep:
    I don't swear at home at all. Sometimes I swear if I'm out with friends, not often.

I swear quite a bit when I'm online though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't swear, not that I'm against or offended by it. I used to, but I wanted to see if I could substitute them for eupherisms before I said them, and it's just sort of stuck.

ReputationRep:
    I used to swear so much before, but it's been toned down a lot this year. I still like swearing whenever the mood takes me though...

ReputationRep:
    I make up my own swearwords, they offend less people.

ReputationRep:
    I do, but occasionally, and usually inwardly.

ReputationRep:
    Too much, often to myself. I think it's the German in me to be honest, live over there for a bit and they don't care what you say really, it's a bit less strong than if you do it in England.

ReputationRep:
    considering i'm female i think my language is awful, not only do i have the most common accent ever (which actually, i love and will never change) but i do swear a fair bit, albeit the less 'offensive' ones such as 'bloody' and 'bugger' i say the F word far too much.
    one thing i dont do, and never will do is swear in front of my relatives

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too bad, my mouth could be a bit cleaner though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah well yes & no if *C r a p* & ****** is counted as swearing then yes ... but otherwise i dont say eff off or b***ard b**ch , you know things like that theres really no need

ReputationRep:
    I swear quite a bit. F this, F that, C word this, C word that. Actually.. those are the only two words I really use. I love the C word.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the "c-word" seen as such a bad word by some? What's the difference between that and the "t-word", and why is the former so much worse?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.