Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I never use the c word, but I have to be really provoked to swear, I try to use alternatives though, like sugar and ballcocks. I would never swear in Punjabi.
    Punjabi swear words are the best!

I try to avoid to, but the people I hang out with do it so much that sometimes I end up subconsciously do it. If something really pisses me off then my swearwords end up in the more vehement category, usually i'm pretty good about it. Hate the c word though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do it - but not at all badly; rather well, in fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I swear all the time, but not badly, because swearing to me, isn't bad.

wait, the P one? what's the p one???
    Poo!:eek:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    as always, stephen fry says it best

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm quite bad for it actually, every swear word in the book I'll use it quite alot. I can turn it off when I try mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    as always, stephen fry says it best
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty bad when I'm with friends but rarely ever swear at home due to the divine wrath of the mother, never ever use the c word

Only when appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch Mock the Week last night?

"F~~~~~n'.......
    ...BOOOOOOOOOO!"

haha

It depends who I'm with, if I'm with the kids then I don't, when I'm with my friends I swear quite a bit, and when I'm drunk I'm filthy. And I use some offensive words in an affectionate fashion.
    Although I never say "for God's sake!" because my little sister doesn't like it. And I try to avoid saying "Oh my God!", but I have trouble with that sometimes, I can usually nip in with the 'gosh' before I say God, but it doesn't always happen.

ReputationRep:
    I don't swear at home at all. Sometimes I swear if I'm out with friends, not often.

I swear quite a bit when I'm online though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I don't swear, not that I'm against or offended by it. I used to, but I wanted to see if I could substitute them for eupherisms before I said them, and it's just sort of stuck.

ReputationRep:
    I used to swear so much before, but it's been toned down a lot this year. I still like swearing whenever the mood takes me though...

ReputationRep:
    I make up my own swearwords, they offend less people.

ReputationRep:
    I do, but occasionally, and usually inwardly.

ReputationRep:
    Too much, often to myself. I think it's the German in me to be honest, live over there for a bit and they don't care what you say really, it's a bit less strong than if you do it in England.

ReputationRep:
    considering i'm female i think my language is awful, not only do i have the most common accent ever (which actually, i love and will never change) but i do swear a fair bit, albeit the less 'offensive' ones such as 'bloody' and 'bugger' i say the F word far too much.
    one thing i dont do, and never will do is swear in front of my relatives

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too bad, my mouth could be a bit cleaner though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah well yes & no if *C r a p* & ****** is counted as swearing then yes ... but otherwise i dont say eff off or b***ard b**ch , you know things like that theres really no need

ReputationRep:
    I swear quite a bit. F this, F that, C word this, C word that. Actually.. those are the only two words I really use. I love the C word.

ReputationRep:
    Why is the "c-word" seen as such a bad word by some? What's the difference between that and the "t-word", and why is the former so much worse?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.