Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I used to swear like the proverbial trooper, but recently I've started doing it a lot less. I think its because since coming to uni I've become a lot more laid back. I've met so many highly strung people that I've become relaxed just to counterbalance them. Still, once I get going every other word is a profanity. C word laden insult strings are a regrettable habit.

ReputationRep:
    I love swearing. especially at the football.

ReputationRep:
    I swear ALOT. I've tried to control it, but it's damn near impossible.

ReputationRep:
    I used to never swear.
    Then I started thinking the cr- word and equivalents.
    Then I started using those words.
    At a similar time I started thinking the s- word etc.
    Then, I started using these, but not f- or c-.
    Then I started using the f- word, but I drew the line at c-.
    Recently, I met a guy who I now refer to as his-name,c- and general misery and anger has led to a lot of very bad language!
    I think if I was happier and more positive I'd swear less.

ReputationRep:
    I swear all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really swear but I have noticed when I'm drunk I swear quite a bit...

ReputationRep:
    I can't pull off swearing. Apparently my voice is too posh, :/

I swear more than I should, it's just a bad habit I can't kick. IRL I have to try to curb it when I'm around my family, which is sometimes difficult. XD

ReputationRep:
    Judiciously.

ReputationRep:
    I do swear a bit but I know when not to

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes if I'm real angry, not a lot though, try not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_J)
    Swearing is bad enough; blasphemy is inexcusable.
    I curse God daily.

ReputationRep:
    I need to wash out my mouth with bleach twice a day. I don't really care though.

Except for when talking to my parents, I can't swear in front of them for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbbie)
    I can't pull off swearing. Apparently my voice is too posh, :/
    It's jokes when posh people swear, I think they can pull it off fine, when I was doing work experience at a law firm one of the senior partners swore a fair bit, so funny in his posh Oxford student voice.

ReputationRep:
    Like a trooper. I really should try to tone it down a wee bit.

ReputationRep:
    I swear an awful lot. I also use the most offensive (well, most offensive to most people) word "the c-word" as an affectionate term.
    I should do something about it really, but I like it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think I swore that much but my new flatmates at uni seem to think I do.
    & I do sometimes use the C word, because personally I think it's just the same as any swear word, I said it here once when I was a bit annoyed & my flatmates were in utter shock!!

ReputationRep:
    Not too much. If I drop something or hurt myself, but not very often in normal conversation. I'd never swear in front of my parents though.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty bad with me. I do it unconsciously.. I've let the sentences 'Ophelia really is a whiny b****' and 'Shut the f*** up while I'm talking, you little sh**s" slip in formal presentations at school. I usually swear quite badly when a teacher asks me for work I forgot all about, which doesn't help my situation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I think Scottish people just suit it more, like on Mock The Week.
    We just make it sound nicer.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.