This discussion is closed.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I am aware of that fact. I do physics for crying out loud.
What do you want, a medal?
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
No some respect would do.
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rose64)
What are everyone's opinions on these? I saw the debate on Watchdog last night, and was really irritated by supporters who feel it necessary to drive these monster killing machine cars around cities. None of their arguments really stood up to much; the fact is that they use far more fossil fuels than average family cars, and are really dangerous to pedestrians. Does anyone care to defend them?

Apologies for this biased post, I probably should have attempted to remain neutral on the matter, but I just can't imagine any worthy reason for people owning them?!
Well of course, if you have kangaroos frequently hopping in front of your car whilst driving the children to school or on your way to Tesco, a 4x4 will give you a better chance of survival when hit by aforementioned kangaroo! :cool:
yawn
Report 14 years ago
I can't be accountable to dwarfs that get in my way.
dwarves, Howie!
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Well of course, if you have kangaroos frequently hopping in front of your car whilst driving the children to school or on your way to Tesco, a 4x4 will give you a better chance of survival when hit by aforementioned kangaroo! :cool:
kangaroo populations out of control in kent then?
yawn
Report 14 years ago
kangaroo populations out of control in kent then?
Believe it or not we don't have a problem with renegade 'roos in Kent
However, the only justification for a 4x4 imo is either roaming 'roos or if one is a pig farmer.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can I have a medal?
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No some respect would do.
*Tip's hat* :rolleyes:
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Can I have a medal?
No. But you can have a Blue Peter badge if you like (but not a gold one)
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
dwarves, Howie!
Dwarfs, dwarves, kids, old ladies, people in wheelchairs etc....stay out of my way as I career down the road in my monster people killing SUV.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 14 years ago
Maybe but generally, if a driver hits a pedestrian at 20 mph, the pedestrian has a 95% chance of survival. At 30 mph the survival chance is 80% and if a driver hits a pedestrian at 40 mph, the pedestrian's survival chances fall to just 10%
You very sure? because i read that if a car travelling at 30mph hits a child pedestrian or cyclist, he or she has a 45% chance of survival. At 40mph the chance of survival is just 5%.
Thats a might bit less than the picture you paint.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
You very sure? because i read that if a car travelling at 30mph hits a child pedestrian or cyclist, he or she has a 45% chance of survival. At 40mph the chance of survival is just 5%.
Thats a might bit less than the picture you paint.
No, I'm not very sure but I didn't just make it up. I got it from a Wiltshire police website. Perhaps they don't know what they're talking about either.
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
No, I'm not very sure but I didn't just make it up. I got it from a Wiltshire police website. Perhaps they don't know what they're talking about either.
Ah well theres the problem, now if it was Suffolk police...lol
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
Ah well theres the problem, now if it was Suffolk police...lol
A higher caliber of clown in tit shaped hats in Suffolk?
Jamie
Report 14 years ago
A higher caliber of clown in tit shaped hats in Suffolk?
god knows, just suffolk police soimehow sounds less country bumpkin than wiltshire
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In London at least, SUVs will probably vanish for practical reasons: I watched three of them trying to manouevre past each other at a road junction the other day. As none of them could fit side by side with another they had to go through a very long and complicated ritual, which kept getting interrupted by other cars going through regardless.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (24)
6.86%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (53)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (135)
38.57%
There's nothing they could do (105)
30%

Watched Threads