The Student Room Group

Pay day for tesco

Hi! I’ve been working at tesco about 3 weeks now. When I started, i just figured out it was three days before the last pay day. Before pay day, I did my induction and one shift. However, I never got paid for these on pay day. Is this worrying? or is it just because i’m new so they’ll pay me that the next time? I’m only worried in case they were meant to pay me and haven’t !
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’ve been working at tesco about 3 weeks now. When I started, i just figured out it was three days before the last pay day. Before pay day, I did my induction and one shift. However, I never got paid for these on pay day. Is this worrying? or is it just because i’m new so they’ll pay me that the next time? I’m only worried in case they were meant to pay me and haven’t !

Businesses have a "cut off" day to calculate wages that's set a few days before payday. This allows them to get any changes in place (e.g. extra hours, holiday pay, sickness deductions) in advance of sending the payment details through to their bank. Also, wages/salaries are usually paid via BACS payment rather than using Faster Payments. BACS payments take two working days to arrive.

I don't work for Tesco, but I suspect the timings of your start date meant that you were too late to be included in last month's payroll run. Anything you worked then would be included in this month's pay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending