Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my 7th week at uni and really not liking the course. Its not what i thought it was going to b like at all and its quite boring!!! I'm not sure whether i just havent settled in yet but by the looks of what is still 2 b learned, i dont think im going 2 like it! I'm torn because all the ppl on my course are lovely and im having a gud time in that way, so wouldnt want 2 leave that behind..any advice!!?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've felt that way for the last 2 years... I really love certain periods of history, but even my favourite ones kind of got ruined by studying them. I think the way of learning here (Oxford) isnt really right for me.
    I wouldn't necessarily advise you to pack it in though. What is your course? I found that a lot of things about uni outweighed the fact that my course isn't ideal, and I wasnt sure that I'd be happier doing another course somewhere else. So I'm just aiming to get a good degree out of it and enjoy the other stuff while I can..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I really like my course but quite a few of my friends don't like theirs

ReputationRep:
    Well ok im not at uni , but im doin a btec , i pretty much know most of what im learning ,but yeah if your havin a good time , just stick it out and get the best grades you can.

Its nearly allways better to keep going at something if you can do it well enough.Even if you sometimes it drives you insane , think about it , how good it will be to leave uni with a good degree from a good place , lots of possiablitys lol.

Currently the stuff we're doing is pretty boring but hopefully it will pick up next semester.

ReputationRep:
    I started a course in 2006 but after a couple of months I hated it - it was difficult, boring and not at all what I would have wanted to spend my life doing. I just cut the strings and cut my losses - I'm now in second year on a different course and have never been happier.

OP - please don't stay on a course you hate because you've made friends on it. Can you really imagine doing it for the next 3 years and then in all probability making a career out of it?
    You could transfer to a different course in the same university and still keep in touch with the friends you've already made.

ReputationRep:
    me. Some of it is hard and boring - and they just talk at you and they dont care about you as they shove the whole department and other science departments in the same lectures.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.