This discussion is closed.
dazednconfused
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm doing some research into the alcohol habits of students and I'm looking for any facts and figures about student drinking, any interesting news stories or any random quirky information. Can anyone help? Please post up any links or info and I'll love you forever...

dnc x
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dazednconfused)
I'm doing some research into the alcohol habits of students and I'm looking for any facts and figures about student drinking, any interesting news stories or any random quirky information. Can anyone help? Please post up any links or info and I'll love you forever...

dnc x

just random, but last week me and my flamtamte added up our units for the week (please bear in mind it was a particularly heavy week, i couldn't tell you the last time i'd gone out 5 nights in a week- it was freshers week 2!)... anyway his total was about 50 units+ and mine was about 30...

lou xxx
soilman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)

just random, but last week me and my flamtamte added up our units for the week (please bear in mind it was a particularly heavy week, i couldn't tell you the last time i'd gone out 5 nights in a week- it was freshers week 2!)... anyway his total was about 50 units+ and mine was about 30...

lou xxx
i drink on average 60 units per week, but is counterbalanced by gym attendence.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't drink
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
some guys in a flat near me were trying to complete the 100 challenge - to consume 100 units in one week. i should find out whether they achieved it or not.

i go through phases with drinking; alcohol has side-effects which i dont particularly like so i'll do other drugs instead.
Sophdoph
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Try looking on ONS (office of national statistics) it has loads of data so it might just have some on student drinking..you never know?!
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sm0273)
i drink on average 60 units per week, but is counterbalanced by gym attendence.
out of interest, what does the gym counterbalance exactly? the alcohol calories?

or your cyt p450 induction? your liver turning to mush? your cerebellar vulnerabilities..?
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
out of interest, what does the gym counterbalance exactly? the alcohol calories?

or your cyt p450 induction? your liver turning to mush? your cerebellar vulnerabilities..?

Yay i actually know what she means by that! *wonders away and apologises for intruding*
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

(Original post by Sarky)

Yay i actually know what she means by that! *wonders away and apologises for intruding*
:hello: now time for the complicated handshake , as you're initiated into the world of crazy-medic-trivia-introducing-&-appreciating-as-randomly-semi-relevant.. & 'mush' is one of my favourite technical words! :p:
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
you're initiated into the world of crazy-medic-trivia-introducing-&-appreciating-as-randomly-semi-relevant..
and you didn't invite me? :eek:
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)

:hello: now time for the complicated handshake , as you're initiated into the world of crazy-medic-trivia-introducing-&-appreciating-as-randomly-semi-relevant.. & 'mush' is one of my favourite technical words! :p:
Lol i will use that in my exams tomorrow.
Elles
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
and you didn't invite me? :eek:
i'm sure you've had far more than an initiation handshake, young man.. :angel:

good luck tomorrow Sarky!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)

oh behave
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Supposedly this year was the first year that students spent more on alcohol than they did on food. I personally don't spend much on either - although in my first two weeks I spent about £300 on drinking and going out.

Now I actually have to get up early every morning and do work, so getting blind drunk seems less attractive
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)

Oh I'm sure he has too. He loves the attention really.

Good luck Sarky!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My problem is I can't get drunk at all, I can get hangovers, but I can keep drinking constantly and still very sobour it works out very expensive. This happened in Dublin I kept drinking pints of strong cider and I was only getting slightly drunk, however the next day on the ferry I spent the entire duration on the toilet throwing up.

I worked out later that I had 20 units that night, its a wonder I am still alive.

I am not a drunk though so I never do stupid stuff. On an average night out I would have about 6 pints but a lot of that is in expensive pubs because the cheap ones are too rough.
soilman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Elles)

the calories pet
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (95)
24.55%
No (292)
75.45%

Watched Threads