The Student Room Group

please reply

basically, I can't find any bus pass. i live in greater manchester and have to travel to Salford uni for my first year. but is there any bus pass for students over 18 or above? there seems to be none online. please help.
Original post by ToGodly
basically, I can't find any bus pass. i live in greater manchester and have to travel to Salford uni for my first year. but is there any bus pass for students over 18 or above? there seems to be none online. please help.

idk cos i am 14
I don't know that area but you may find it easiest buying a monthly bus pass from the local bus company. There's unlikely to be a student priced ticket available for university students. Where I live you can't even purchase a child's bus pass if you're over 13. It's full adult price to attend schools. College may give you a bus pass if you're from a low income household and live so far away but I really don't think universities have this facility.
Have you tried the First Bus website for Greater Manchester? Or do First Bus not go to Salford?
Original post by Weaslette4George
idk cos i am 14

Yes that is obvious by your posts.Maybe take down the weird one on the grandma thread!
Original post by ToGodly

Hi @ToGodly,

We have some information online about travelling to Salford here: https://www.salford.ac.uk/environmental-sustainability/sustainable-travel

I've also just taken a little look for you online and there looks to be student travel passes available through stagecoach here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionaltickets/greater-manchester/salford/unirider

I hope this helps - all the best,

Rowan
- University of Salford Rep
Original post by Scotney
Yes that is obvious by your posts.Maybe take down the weird one on the grandma thread!

okay
Original post by ToGodly

Hi @ToGodly,

If you are looking for more details on the ways that you can get to Salford via a range of public transport, you can find more details here. It details a range of bus passes you can get as a student and the different ways you can get to campus.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Ben
University of Salford rep

Quick Reply

Latest