Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

just want to get peoples opinions on who they think is better out of UBS and Morgan Stanley in terms of M&A, overall brand/prestige and how they are positioned going forward

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Both are in trouble at the moment - one or both could go bust - not sure it matters at the moment as the tier one apple cart has been effectively upended.

ReputationRep:
    They are both the same atm - as rboogie said, the market is in turmoil and it's close to imposible to objectively saying one is better than the other.

In you shoes, I'd go with the one that I enjoyed being interviewed by the most, aswell as my gut feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, just deciding whether to push forward with the process at 1 of them or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon123)
    Thanks for the advice, just deciding whether to push forward with the process at 1 of them or not...
    go through the process - you have nothing to lose by interviewing there. Just more experience and a possible contact if the other goes under.

ReputationRep:
    MS has the better global franchise but they are probably pretty similar in Europe, maybe MS still slightly ahead. Both at the top end of the BB spectrum in Europe though.

I interned at UBS so if you want any advice, PM me.

Can you push it forward with JPM IBD? They are probably the one to work for at the moment.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.