Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm well annoyed....I use that VAG tuning website everyday.

How dare you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkraver)
    3-4 days ago I sent an email to Google, politely asking them to move The Student Room to first place when you search for 'TSR' (used to come up with a car tuning website as first result and 2nd was TSR), they listened to my request and changed TSR to first spot, adding a fancy search box and all.

3 yay's for TSR! lol

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=tsr
    I always use google - "tsr" to come on here, most days
    Noticed it moving all the times tbh, varies between 1st/2nd and 3rd. I highly doiubt your email would have made much difference no offence, well done for trying tho (Y)
    I always thought it was based on the number of hits each site has...?

ReputationRep:
    They didn't listen to you, it must have been a coincidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    I always use google - "tsr" to come on here, most days
    Noticed it moving all the times tbh, varies between 1st/2nd and 3rd. I highly doiubt your email would have made much difference no offence, well done for trying tho (Y)
    I always thought it was based on the number of hits each site has...?

It is

Number of hits, who links to it, how many sites link to it and some other stuff as well. But im not a Google Bot.

OP you do realise google have an automated index controlled by google bots.

Humans have very little input.

ReputationRep:
    It's still 2nd for me?

ReputationRep:
    op is dumb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenFah)
    AHAHHA at second result.
    "TSR Performance
    'TSR Performance, your one stop shop for VAG group tuning'"

They said vag. Har. :teeth:

Lmao.. its not that funny really but the fact its all yout alk about makes it funny.. hahah

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because I've never had this site bookmarked for some reason despite myself using it a fair amount, and I may be wrong but I'm sure TSR has been first for the last few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    haha it's a funny concept you can email google and ask to be top. perhaps I should do it for all my sites. Hec, I'll create a million affiliate sites and get them all top. i'll be a millionaire

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.