Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need my haircutting pretty soon and am too lazy to go in town ;p Is the salon in Alex Square alright, what do they charge?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want you to think no-one is answering :-D
    But I have no idea. I just let my hair grow until I go home! By this stage of term it is totally out of control...You may see me on the spine, but I won't see you cos my hair is in my eyes...

ReputationRep:
    pretty expensive I heard, or else it was last year, and I assume it's gone up in price as everything else has done

ReputationRep:
    I used it twice last year. The first time was great, the second time was crap.

It was like she had never handled a pair of scissors in her life. So really it's pot luck (Though I havn't tried in a while now, things could be better).

I think the price was around the £8 mark if you have a purple card.

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering going for my hair cut before I go home. At the minute, it's getting to be a huge bushy mushroom and I can't be arsed with it, the back is looking stupid too. Only about 4 weeks though, so I'm considering trying to hang on then just get it cut when I get home.

Let us know if you do get it cut on campus or in town and what it's like. Only after a short back and sides with a trim on the top, but would rather get it done at home haha.

ReputationRep:
    im paying 25 quid to get my hair highlighted on wednesday, is that good price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolybear)
    im paying 25 quid to get my hair highlighted on wednesday, is that good price?
    Ask them how they're going to do it before they do it otherwise you might end up with circles on your head! No idea on the price though. I know somewhere in town that's £6 but given it's a £2 return you might as well try the on campus place?

ReputationRep:
    Why take the risk? Only 4 weeks til the end of term!

ReputationRep:
    haha lol cheers for the advice, nar i fancyed summast different, so i thought i might aswell get it highlighted. Its just i have never dyed it or anything before so i just wanted to know the repuation of the hairdresser

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.