Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    because i use the same tea bag more than once???

basically ive switched to green tea and like it really week..... so there for i can get 3 or 4 mugs out of one tea bag (because i only have it really week..... literally, i take the bag out as soon as ive poured the water!!!)

because of this, i put the tea bag in a dish and leave it on the side for the rest of the day..... i throw it away in the evening and start a new one each day.

basically everyday when my boyfriend gets home from work he complains about my tea bag, telling me im disgusting!!!!!...... am i really that gross?????

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that Very economical.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but saves money

Depends which you re more bothered about!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! For some strange reason, I find that annoying.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    lol my mum does that. it's not that gross, though I wouldn't do it. but then I like my tea a lot stronger than she does.
    next time, throw it at him and watch him scream like a girl

ReputationRep:
    I do it too sometimes :o:

ReputationRep:
    No... it seems perfectly sensible to me, saves money as well.
    theres not much point using a new one each time if you don't get full use out of it.

although it might be quite a good idea to keep it covered, prevent bacteria n such...

ReputationRep:
    how would that be gross?

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's not gross. I do that at home, but not at uni because i don't want to annoy my housemates.

If all my housemates were to evaporate today I would do the same as you though.

(Original post by |>|Imagine|<|)
    (Original post by |>|Imagine|<|)
    Not as annoying as DOUBLE POSTERS!

Sorry just kidding.. double post all you like. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Blimey!
    I find that very clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    No... it seems perfectly sensible to me, saves money as well.
    theres not much point using a new one each time if you don't get full use out of it.

although it might be quite a good idea to keep it covered, prevent bacteria n such...
    i would of thought keeping it covered would be worse..... cause its still hot and wet????... i dunno!

he always gets in and says to get rid of my moldy peice of poop from his kitchen!!!! i like the idea of throwing it at him..... thank you for that suggestion!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Take a glass of water. Leave it out in your kitchen, uncovered, for 24 hours. Then drink it. You decide whether it's gross or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Take a glass of water. Leave it out in your kitchen, uncovered, for 24 hours. Then drink it. You decide whether it's gross or not.
    well if i left it out that long then, yes, it would be gross..... but i do it for that long, its only during the tea drinking day!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by candy x)
    well if i left it out that long then, yes, it would be gross..... but i do it for that long, its only during the tea drinking day!!!
    Fine. Then ten hours or something. Just try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Fine. Then ten hours or something. Just try it.
    yer it is about 10 hrs i do it from...... have my first with brecki about 8 ish and then my last cup of tea at around 6/7ish after dinner!!!!..... tastes fine to me!!

ReputationRep:
    Recycling....Thumbs up for using your initiative.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by candy x)
    yer it is about 10 hrs i do it from...... have my first with brecki about 8 ish and then my last cup of tea at around 6/7ish after dinner!!!!..... tastes fine to me!!
    Ok. So, do what I suggested you do and you can decide for yourself whether leaving out a glass of water for 10 hours is disgusting or not.

ReputationRep:
    When my grandma's friend goes to a cafe she wraps the teabag up and takes it home to use again - now that is gross!

ReputationRep:
    Hope there aren't any flies looming 'round

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.