Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    because i use the same tea bag more than once???

basically ive switched to green tea and like it really week..... so there for i can get 3 or 4 mugs out of one tea bag (because i only have it really week..... literally, i take the bag out as soon as ive poured the water!!!)

because of this, i put the tea bag in a dish and leave it on the side for the rest of the day..... i throw it away in the evening and start a new one each day.

basically everyday when my boyfriend gets home from work he complains about my tea bag, telling me im disgusting!!!!!...... am i really that gross?????

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that Very economical.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but saves money

Depends which you re more bothered about!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! For some strange reason, I find that annoying.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    lol my mum does that. it's not that gross, though I wouldn't do it. but then I like my tea a lot stronger than she does.
    next time, throw it at him and watch him scream like a girl

ReputationRep:
    I do it too sometimes :o:

ReputationRep:
    No... it seems perfectly sensible to me, saves money as well.
    theres not much point using a new one each time if you don't get full use out of it.

although it might be quite a good idea to keep it covered, prevent bacteria n such...

ReputationRep:
    how would that be gross?

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's not gross. I do that at home, but not at uni because i don't want to annoy my housemates.

If all my housemates were to evaporate today I would do the same as you though.

(Original post by |>|Imagine|<|)
    (Original post by |>|Imagine|<|)
    Not as annoying as DOUBLE POSTERS!

Sorry just kidding.. double post all you like. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Blimey!
    I find that very clever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopykitten!)
    No... it seems perfectly sensible to me, saves money as well.
    theres not much point using a new one each time if you don't get full use out of it.

although it might be quite a good idea to keep it covered, prevent bacteria n such...
    i would of thought keeping it covered would be worse..... cause its still hot and wet????... i dunno!

he always gets in and says to get rid of my moldy peice of poop from his kitchen!!!! i like the idea of throwing it at him..... thank you for that suggestion!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Take a glass of water. Leave it out in your kitchen, uncovered, for 24 hours. Then drink it. You decide whether it's gross or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Take a glass of water. Leave it out in your kitchen, uncovered, for 24 hours. Then drink it. You decide whether it's gross or not.
    well if i left it out that long then, yes, it would be gross..... but i do it for that long, its only during the tea drinking day!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by candy x)
    well if i left it out that long then, yes, it would be gross..... but i do it for that long, its only during the tea drinking day!!!
    Fine. Then ten hours or something. Just try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Fine. Then ten hours or something. Just try it.
    yer it is about 10 hrs i do it from...... have my first with brecki about 8 ish and then my last cup of tea at around 6/7ish after dinner!!!!..... tastes fine to me!!

ReputationRep:
    Recycling....Thumbs up for using your initiative.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by candy x)
    yer it is about 10 hrs i do it from...... have my first with brecki about 8 ish and then my last cup of tea at around 6/7ish after dinner!!!!..... tastes fine to me!!
    Ok. So, do what I suggested you do and you can decide for yourself whether leaving out a glass of water for 10 hours is disgusting or not.

ReputationRep:
    When my grandma's friend goes to a cafe she wraps the teabag up and takes it home to use again - now that is gross!

ReputationRep:
    Hope there aren't any flies looming 'round

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.