The Student Room Group

Backup choice

Hi wondering if anyone either at uni or been at uni can recommend a uni for accounting and finance as my substitute choice .

4 of my 5 choices on UCAS require AAA but I want my 5th choice and subsequent substitute final choice so be a uni accepting Something like ABB or BBB

I’ve looked at Aston and Swansea as possibles but not been to visit either yet .

Would prefer a city university and one with very good sports facilities
You could get some top unis for Accounting&Finance at AAB such as Durham. Maybe even Lboro and Nottingham at AAB (not exactly a&f but very similar courses).

But if you really want ABB/BBB, I would suggest Cardiff or Lancaster both of which are Russell group unis and generally considered more 'prestigious' than Aston/Swansea.
Unfortunately its a bit of a guess about what they will accept on results day. What are your other choices? Any thoughts about Newcastle, Cardiff and Lancaster?
Original post by Jamested
Hi wondering if anyone either at uni or been at uni can recommend a uni for accounting and finance as my substitute choice .

4 of my 5 choices on UCAS require AAA but I want my 5th choice and subsequent substitute final choice so be a uni accepting Something like ABB or BBB

I’ve looked at Aston and Swansea as possibles but not been to visit either yet .

Would prefer a city university and one with very good sports facilities

Swansea has very good sports facilities. 50 metre pool 8 lane athletic track and one of the best university rugby sides. However it isnt a city university. It has 2 campuses about 5 miles apart either side of the city centre. The main sports facilities are not on the campus where A&F takes place.

It would be sensible to visit potential universities even if not on open days. Cardiff and Swansea are an hour apart by train and it would be fairly easy to visit them over 2 days.
Reply 4
Yes I have Lancaster on the list as a possible . One thing I have noticed is for both Lancaster and Durham , the grade requirements are slightly less for the 3 year course as opposed to the course with a placement year. Lancaster is ABB or AAB and durham is AAB or AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending