Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi

i know its wierd to compare these two unis

but which one is seen more reputable and specifically better for business/management?...

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough, according to The Times university rankings.
    (http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...ject=BUISINESS)

However, as you can see from the table Kings College isn't that far behind so both would be good, if you're choosing between the two then I would just go with the university you prefer

ReputationRep:
    king's.

ReputationRep:
    You do realise that there's more than just "reputation" to consider and, moreover, you seem to have a terrible habit of picking universities where there's arguably no great difference (eg. two redbricks like Manchester and Birmingham, or here). I hope you're taking far more important things into consideration eg. location? They are completely different locations. One's a campus uni in market town, the other is a large uni in the capital city.

ReputationRep:
    hi there

i had a conditional offer from loughborough, however i changed it to kings college as i believe kings is alot more prestigious and carries more wieght when trying to get a good job

am i right?....

worth mentioning that i also have offers from
    nottingham university
    manchester university
    aston university
    liecester university

ReputationRep:
    Wow six offers, that's really good...considering that you can only apply to 5?!

ReputationRep:
    No one can tell you whether you've made the right decision or not. It's your life decision to make and university choices are very subjective and personal.

You do seem to be someone obsessed with which career is more respected than the other when, in truth, all the universities you've propsed have been fine, respected universities. There's a lot more to consider and a range of factors that will influence your employability.

To go back the question. Kings and Loughborough are two completely different locations for a start. One's a campus uni in a market town, the other a large uni in the centre of London pretty much. In terms of location, which one prefers the most, if that's KCL then no great, that at least indicates you made the correct decision. Yes, you've also got to take into account the strength of both departments but I don't think there's any significant difference.

Also, six offers, well done. Where did the extra one come from? Also, why make a brand new thread when, just a couple of ours ago, you made a Kings v. Loughborough thread? I'm only going to merge them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    Wow six offers, that's really good...considering that you can only apply to 5?!
    no
    maybe u misunderstood

i had 5 offers

1.loughborough
    2.nottingham
    3.manchester
    4.aston
    5.liecester

i replaced "1.loughborough" with kings college london, because i think its better than loughborough even though i have an offer from loughborough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical17)
    no
    maybe u misunderstood

i had 5 offers

1.loughborough
    2.nottingham
    3.manchester
    4.aston
    5.liecester

i replaced "1.loughborough" with kings college london, because i think its better than loughborough even though i have an offer from loughborough.
    You replaced one? How the hell do you do that, does you tutor not have to write in etc.?

ReputationRep:
    no
    maybe u misunderstood

i had 5 offers

1.loughborough
    2.nottingham
    3.manchester
    4.aston
    5.liecester

I apologise. Was not aware that you could do that. It's a bit wierd though; if you get a rejection can you replace that with a new choice?

ReputationRep:
    hi

i know its wierd to compare these two unis

but which one is seen more reputable and specifically better for business/management?...
    King's, duh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadExaminee)
    King's, duh
    Why "duh"? Just 'cause it's Kings?

Loughborough probably does edge it in teaching, from what I've heard, but the difference very slight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    I apologise. Was not aware that you could do that. It's a bit wierd though; if you get a rejection can you replace that with a new choice?
    well if the rejection or infact offer as it was in my case, comes within 14 days, then you can change it simply by phoning up ucas and doing it over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone has already mentioned, there seems to be little difference between the two league-wise, so maybe look at the type of university that you'd like to be a part of. One of the reasons (other than my course) that I chose Loughborough is because it's a campus university in a town - I didn't want the hubbub of a city. Nevertheless it's a busy town and there's a massive student community (well I guess it's nearly all students here) and we generally do quite well in the student satisfaction surveys (I may be wrong but I think we're the top of the table. Whereas London will obviously be a whole other story as it's a city, and a much bigger place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    Also, six offers, well done. Where did the extra one come from? Also, why make a brand new thread when, just a couple of ours ago, you made a Kings v. Loughborough thread? I'm only going to merge them.
    I've been making this point for a while, this forum's flooded with "X versus Y" comparisons from the user. They should have their own dedicated thread or something

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.