Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone work in the Leeds city centre branch? had my first day today, 16 hours a week!

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you I only get 4 hours a week
    I'm at Oldham.

ReputationRep:
    I used to work 9 hours the week at the White Rose branch when I was 16... my first proper job!! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I used to work 9 hours the week at the White Rose branch when I was 16... my first proper job!! xx
    was my first job too lol... Debenhams in Folkestone... Menswear w00t lol... but started on frikin £3.87 per hour :/ pft...

ReputationRep:
    I'm on £4.77 everyone whos started with me has more hours and more money i'm not happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wiggler)
    was my first job too lol... Debenhams in Folkestone... Menswear w00t lol... but started on frikin £3.87 per hour :/ pft...
    I was on £3.70!!!

ReputationRep:
    I was on £3.70!!!
    whoa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Lucky you I only get 4 hours a week
    I'm at Oldham.

I got rejected from there, I was gutted!

I love my job now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J9127)
    I got rejected from there, I was gutted!

I love my job now though
    Atleast you got a new job
    I'm only a xmas temp doubt i'll be taken on after xmas.

ReputationRep:
    I was on £3.70!!!
    think yourself lucky... im on £3.45!!! i love my job tho so its ok =)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can be given more hours? I'm contracted 4 but everyone else is doing 16 which I dont think is fair even people younger than me are doing 16.

ReputationRep:
    Ask your manager about it. I doubt it, but I guess you can just try and get yourself overtime whenever it's available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Atleast you got a new job
    I'm only a xmas temp doubt i'll be taken on after xmas.
    I started as an xmas temp in the job i am in now, so you never know! A little bit of ass kissing tends to do the trcik.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I asked and they mentioned overtime.
    Hope I do get taken on after xmas, what would you suggest J9127? Are you at the Manchester store?

ReputationRep:
    hey I have a store assesment on the 26th at the debenhams store in Leeds City Centre does anyone know what this involves!?
    Any helpppp would be much appreciateed 8)
    p.s this is going to sound daft but the woman first said its at 11 and then 10 and i forgot to ask her about it again so if anyone working there knows when it is pleaseee let me knoww thankssss!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.