Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Animation and Digital Film Production, so we should have some of the same modules

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about taking Psychology BSc at the University of Worcester. How competitive is the course and is there any relevant work experience that I could do which may assist me?

I'm about to move onto A2 next year, so it feels like I've got time, but these sort of things creep up on you.

Or even any general tips that would assist me into getting accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unoriginalname)
    I'm thinking about taking Psychology BSc at the University of Worcester. How competitive is the course and is there any relevant work experience that I could do which may assist me?

I'm about to move onto A2 next year, so it feels like I've got time, but these sort of things creep up on you.

Or even any general tips that would assist me into getting accepted?
    Not sure what work experience you could do but the course won't be as competitive as other courses at Worcester (e.g teaching & nursing) or compared to Psychology at other (especially top) unis.
    The entry requirements are 280 UCAS Tariff points with a grade C or above at one subject.
    It doesn't say anything about having to have an interview.

Which other unis are you thinking about applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Not sure what work experience you could do but the course won't be as competitive as other courses at Worcester (e.g teaching & nursing) or compared to Psychology at other (especially top) unis.
    The entry requirements are 280 UCAS Tariff points with a grade C or above at one subject.
    It doesn't say anything about having to have an interview.

Which other unis are you thinking about applying to?
    Gloucestershire
    Staffordshire
    Derby
    Wolverhampton

I was thinking of working with Age Concern, volunteering to help people with dementia and the likes. Thanks for the speedy reply by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xHubertx)
    I'm doing Animation and Digital Film Production, so we should have some of the same modules
    Awesome. Yeah we'll definitely be in a few of the same lectures Your course sounds pretty interesting actually. Which accommodation did you apply for btw?

ReputationRep:
    I went for platinum at St Johns, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unoriginalname)
    Gloucestershire
    Staffordshire
    Derby
    Wolverhampton

I was thinking of working with Age Concern, volunteering to help people with dementia and the likes. Thanks for the speedy reply by the way.
    That sounds a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xHubertx)
    I went for platinum at St Johns, you?
    Yeah me too. The £106 one. Expensive but cheapest one with a bathroom :/

ReputationRep:
    Yup that's the one Did you get a confirmation reciept thingy when you sent your accomodation form in?

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got a confirmation reciept for accommodation.. anyone got theres yet or is everyone else still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I never got one and i've been worrying that i'm a **** and filled it in wrong, and they never recieved it. You've made me feel better though lol. The email said within 3 workin days...Pft!

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i was thinking, im so worried they havent got it or something! i emailed them last night, so i'll let you know if i hear a reply from them and what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Sweeet, cheers hun.

ReputationRep:
    i got an email from them saying that there allocating it in the first week of july....

Dear Student,

Thank you for submitting your application for accommodation at the University of Worcester.

We are pleased to confirm that your application has been received and is now being processed. We will next be in touch with you during the first week of July with specific details of your allocation.

We look forward to meeting you in September.

Have a good Summer!

The Accommodation Team

ReputationRep:
    :mad: Seeee i never got one of them! I might send it off again?

ReputationRep:
    me either, dont worry. ive heard quite a few people are still waiting.
    someone rang up and got told their application had been received, but because it was the first year worcester uni had used an online application for accommodation they were having some problems, which is why some of us got that email and others havent.
    if you are worried about it all, just give them a ring to check they have got it but im sure they have.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i would ring up just in case, if anything to get rid of the nerves lol

ReputationRep:
    I rang up, i feel better now They said they've got it and don't know why i didn't get an email.

ReputationRep:
    ah ok cool, well we should hear from them properly in a couple weeks, cant wait :P

ReputationRep:
    guess who finally got an email to say they had received my form!! bit longer than 3 days, but at least i got one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.